Sunday, December 11, 2022

Windy day here in Southern California....

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogibly Road, Winterhaven, California

 

A morning walk in the cool air had me wishing I'd put on a heavier hoodie and wore my jeans, but alas I was in shorts and a light hoodie. Can you say shiver? Yes I did for over half of my walk. Now why didn't I turn around and get something heavier you might ask, and if you want to know I thought it would warm up faster but the wind wasn't having any of that and it's been pretty much out of the south all day. Temps are cold for a south wind folks! 

 

Noticed this very green growth in the bottom of a wash today.
 

Very pointy seed pods on there.

 

Stopped to visit Doug for few minutes on my way home and later in the day I went over to see how he was doing his little project, ended up helping some but not really much help as the end result today didn't work. I think we're trying again tomorrow. So we shall see how that little nugget goes. 

 

This pod is partially open.

 
Also found in a wash. Looks like an old gas can, still has the small metal handle and cap.

Dark clouds have been blowing in since mid afternoon and it feels like rain in the air, almost damp. I went out to snap a few photos and even with jeans and a heavy hoodie on I'm still feeling the chill. Brrrrrrr....... 

 

Mesquite pods.

A call north to chat with Don & Joan, but Don wasn't available, although Joan and Evelyn chatted for a few minutes. Miss Evelyn broke her wrist and isn't supposed to do ANYTHING at all for two weeks before they decide if she needs surgery. She lives alone and has a cat, so it may be a challenge for her. We wish her well!!

 

This flowery little cluster was also in a wash, not sure if it's dying or coming to life, but I think the former.

 

So that's it for the day, not much exciting. We were invited to happy hour next door, to the east of us, Doug is to the west.  Rigs have been coming for days and at last count there are at least 6 with more coming. According to the lady that popped up at the door, more Canadians than Americans right now but soon that will equal out or change. 

The sun's rays threw the clouds.
 


For our US readers, Old Glory in the sun's rays.  Thanks Doug for the view.


The dark clouds are coming from the north but the wind is out of the south.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Although it might be a little chilly, the rain would certainly be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a few drops but the weather I watch says just trace amounts were expected overnight and this morning.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures as we again head west is making me anxious to be parked in the desert. The pictures of the sun's rays coming through the clouds are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope your ride back west is safe, scenic and worry free. It will be nice for you and Tom to once again dig your toes into the desert dirt and feel a little warmth. We are looking forward to seeing you both.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I know we need the rain, but the wind and cold is not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get enough rain to make any difference. The wind and the cold seem to be the norm this year.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. The winds sure can change the temperature quickly. I think you're sayng the new arrivals are encroaching on your space. Why do they do that? Herd mentality, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winds certainly due change quickly here both temps and directions.
      They did encroach but the problem is they just kept adding more rigs, at last count I think they are up to 6 or 8 now with more to come.

      Deb

      Delete