Friday, December 23, 2022

A little more shopping and then a very quiet day.....

 

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4,Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

This morning I will admit to being a lazy slug. I just didn't have it in me to walk and so I didn't. Riley and I headed next door with coffee or something to drink in hand to visit with the folks, Deb & Tom (Celebrating the Dance  ) and a bit later Doug & Yuma (Miss Adventure Travels) came along. We drank coffee and settled on a plan or two or maybe we just drank coffee I don't remember. 

 

An arroyo that I had to climb through the other morning on my walk.

Standing in the same spot just facing the other way. So different!

I can tell you this guy is quite far back because I've been back there.

This guy is quite far back too. These are big rigs to get over that road.

 

Riley, Doug and & I headed off to Walmart, and a fuel stop for both diesel and gas. The Big Dog needed a drink and we needed a little fuel for our generator which we've been running a little bit of late. Diesel was $4.29 per at Arco (?) or Armco (?) which it doesn't really matter, since I know where it is and how to get there. I could not get gas there, it disliked my credit card and I wasn't going inside to the attendant with about 15 to 20 vehicles all pumping or waiting to pump. I simply waited until we were at Walmart and went across the parking lot to fill the little can.  The second card worked just fine there. I used two different cards so that I don't get a fraud call or they might cancel the card and not tell me if they see two separate purchases within a few minutes of each other. This way I don't have to worry.  


 

The inside of the little roofless stone spot of a few days ago.

Various things have been left behind.

The entrance looks like it may have had a door at one time.

Walking in the arroyo before I got to the little roofless stone spot.

Walmart was busy too but not as busy as Fry's last night. We all managed to get what we needed and were soon heading home. An afternoon happy hour had Riley and I trying something new for us, Jack Daniels Black Jack Cola. Which we both enjoyed. It's a good change from our usual water or maybe a beer. After which we headed home and I started this post. 

 

A cactus at the Naked Date Shop on our ride with Jerry Shannon.

Also at the Naked Date Shop.

I wonder if this a wedding spot. The date palms would make a nice backdrop.

I'm posting some left over photos from the last couple of days in tonight's post. I didn't take a single photo today. I'll be calling my dad later this evening as I know they got a big snow storm today. I'll let you know how much he had to dig out before he could leave the house. 

 

The very red earth/rock at Baker's Tank.

 
Could the rock be limestone maybe, somewhat softer and that allows all those holes?

Or could it just be the wind and rain that worries the rock until holes form?

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

  

12 comments:

  1. So the naked date shop? Is it like the naked book store? Is there real nakedness there? Asking for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could tell you a big long story about naked table dancing but well, what happens at the Naked Date Shop stays there.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Loved the old model A. My older brother had one when I was a young boy, more years ago than willing to admit to. Vern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you don’t look a day over 35, Vern. Hope you are staying warm up there in Idaho.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with a lazy morning, or even a lazy day for that matter. I refuse to walk in if my credit card is rejected, I just move on to the next gas station rather than deal with them trying to figure out why my card didn't go through when there is nothing wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a pain and it was too busy to hassle with it.
      Lazy mornings are good once in a while but I’ve had two of them back to back for walking. Oh well there are lots of days that I get many more steps than my goal. I like the little green dot instead of the half circle on my step program. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Looks like someone's old cabin in the rocks. What a fun place to hang out. One of these days I'll have to stop by the Naked Date. In Indio Shields Date Farm has a video of the sex life of dates. Maybe they should get together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too at first but I’m not sure as the thing is basically a spot big enough to sit, not lay down. Now I wonder if not a cabin at least a good wind break and a spot to watch the desert floor. It’s not really high but it is up a bit and hard to see until you get up close.
      Thanks but I’m guessing the Naked Date Shop knows their dates have sex. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
    2. Nancy... I never realized you haven't been to Naked Dates. We will take care of that



      Delete
    3. Deb... I hope my laziness didn't affect you. The day you were here was the only day I went for a walk!

      .

      Delete
    4. I assure you it isn't your fault that I haven't walked much lately. Some days I walk a lot and other days not so much.

      Deb

      Delete