Friday, December 16, 2022

Errand day in Yuma....

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

 Riley and I knew we had errands that would take up most of the day, and so it did. We left home around 9 am and didn't get back until almost 3 pm. A full day for us. We first needed clean clothes and since there is no river nearby to use, although lots of stones for beating the clothes on, we opted for a laundromat. Joanna's Laundry on Orange Street. It's reasonable in price but it's getting tired and isn't as clean as it used to be. The nice lady that used to keep things moving along wasn't seen today at all and I'm under the impression she isn't there any longer, which is a shame. However, the prices were reasonable, ranging from $3.50 to 6.50 or at least the machines I noticed. The dryers are big and a quarter nets you 6 minutes, which is very reasonable. 

 

Just leaving  Joanna's Laundry.

 

We next went to Walmart, hoping for haircuts and some groceries. No appointment, they could only take one, so we passed and just did the groceries. We did well, a pretty full cart for less than $150 US. We stopped at the water fill station in the parking lot, 5 gallons for $1.00. A very good deal. So we now had three stops down but the hair cut was moving down on the list. We decided since we were pushing the time we would normally start preparing and cooking lunch we knew we would be hungry by the time we got home and opted to eat out, which is something we've done more this winter than any in the past. We always chuckle when Lorne (A Place Called Away  ) mentions the Human Feedlot or Feed Trough, which of course is the Golden Corral. Since we've never been we decided to give it a try. It was okay, the food was hot and there was plenty of it, although it lacked labels, which I didn't like. Riley enjoyed it a great deal. 

 

I think those might be oranges on all of those trees you see.

 

Heading home I remembered the Sport Clips across the road from Lin's and The Black Bear Diner, so we headed there. Sure enough they could fit us right in and for $36.00 USD plus a tip, we were once again able to see easily without looking through hair. Yeah.... that was all the list accomplished. 

 

Those are more fruit trees under the palms.

 

Yuma the sweetheart has now formed a habit of racing along beside the Dogsled when we come home. Not a good habit and I'm always mindful of him and it seems he only does it with the Big Dog, no other truck.  He is so excited to see us and he gets his pets and attention before he happily heads back home. 

 

Not sure what they are growing but it always looks so amazing.

 
It's always green on this stretch of I-8.

So that's it, our errand day. Today's photos were taken in Yuma and on the way home. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

 I think that's Pilot Knob Mountain over there.

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

8 comments:




  1. Golden Corral, always liked their hot rolls. Haven't eaten there for a very long time. The Black Bear dinners usually a good place to eat. Good pair of scissors from the dollar store could've saved you$$$. I have a lot of great ideas but also a bad haircut . Vern
















    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is wavy to curly when it’s short so it’s hard to tell a bad haircut. Lol.
      The dinner rolls were sweet, the meatloaf was good, I enjoyed the small piece of liver, and the food was hot, which I like.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I am not sure I could do Golden Corral, more power to you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried it, the food was okay but no labels. I don’t think we would go back.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I got my haircut in Algodones for $5. It was the 'medium'! Women's cuts cost more unfortunately, but might be cheaper than north of the line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that in your blog, but you didn't show us a photo, I wasn't sure if it was bad or good. : )

      Deb

      Delete
  4. I'm a little surprised at the laundromat prices but haven't used them in Yuma for a long time. Those are Durham, ON prices! Isn't it nice to get things taken care of all in one day!? I laughed at Vern's comment. :)
    RoadTrip is bang on. I paid $6 for my cut and style in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the prices were good, the machines were big and could handle a good sized load. It is nice to get everything done in a day!!
      Yep, that Vern is a funny fella!!
      Maybe in the future that might be what we do, we know the place to go but we just couldn't wait any longer, I was feeling like a sheep dog with hair in my eyes and my hat gives me tufts over my ears. Now they are just shorter tufts. LOL

      Deb

      Delete