Wednesday, December 7, 2022

We have a neighbour we know.....

 

Our Location: 

 North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

This morning Riley and I went for separate walks as she was ready before I was. We even managed to get back to the Igloo within about 10 minutes of each other. Pretty good timing I think. 

 

The moon this morning, Dec 7, 2022

Sunrise this morning, Dec 7, 2022
 

It was around 10:30 am or so when I happened to look up and there coming down the roadway was the White Lion with the little silver Jeep behind. Yep, Doug & Yuma  (  Miss Adventure Travels )  have arrived here.  They pulled in at a spot we had discussed before.  I walked over to see if everything was alright. Doug was just shutting down the engine. We are happy things went well and I'm sure we'll enjoy some visits back and forth. In fact they came over this afternoon and Yuma was excited to visit. I won't be surprised if he comes without Doug on occasion. 

 

Some desert art.

There used to be a whiskey bottle in the top of that thing. It's a very big pile of rocks.

 

Today is the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbour in 1941. So many lives lost on that fateful day. So many lives touched in so many ways. A very sad day in history. 

 

The water has worn a ridge in this arroyo bottom.

 

A birthday wish goes out to Marion Case, who celebrates # 94 today. We hope you have had a fantastic day today Marion.

 

Sage brush along the edge of the arroyo.

A closer look for my sister Jan, yes it's sage.


 
Other than that, there is nothing exciting happening in our neighbourhood. A few photos and that's all I have today. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Feel free to comment.

 

A grapefruit from the bag I bought yesterday. They are pretty big.

Same one, Riley has bigger hands than I do.


Until next time...

 

 

The peeling is pretty thick.

But they are very good.

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

7 comments:

  1. It's always nice to have company in the desert :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice. We’ve camped near Doug off and on a few times over the years. Always learn and see new things when he’s near.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I was hoping Doug would join you guys. He sounded lonely.
    That rind is really thick on the grapefruit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rind is very thick but fruit is excellent.
      Parking is plentiful here and we enjoy Doug’s company, and Mr. Yuma makes himself right at home.

      Deb

      Delete

  3. I have one a day and there are only about 5 left in the bag, so if you want one you had better hurry! If you know where the cloud museum is you could pick up your own, you could also pick me up another bag, I’m good for the $3.00 honest.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grapefruit. Growing up we had a tree. In the morning I would just pluck one off the tree. So good! But now, unfortunately, because of medication, no more grapefruit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, I love grapefruit, and I pick it from my SIL tree in Indian Wells.

      Deb

      Delete