Wednesday, December 14, 2022

We met up with friends back home....Manitoulin Island friends....

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

We had plans today to meet up with friends from back home near our summer spot on Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada. Well actually a friend, we know Willie but not her husband Rick. At 8:30 am Doug, Riley and I were in the Dogsled heading toward Mexico. We met up with Willie and Rick at 9 am at the bottom of the ramp as you head for the border. What a wonderful day to spend with them. 

Our friends Rick and Willie. He's a friendly fella, honest.

Rick, Willie and Riley. Doug was getting his eyes tested.
 

We enjoyed our first ever time in Los Algodones, Mexico. Rick and Willie have been many times and so it was nice to cross over with veterans that know their way around. I can safely say we all enjoyed ourselves and the company was fantastic. I must say I didn't get a photo of Doug, somehow I  missed that. Sorry Doug. 

 

Love the bright colours.

Covered sidewalks which are usually full of vendors.

Very narrow streets here in Los Alogdones.

 

We made a couple of purchases (which I'll show another day), had lunch, toured a bit of the town and just enjoyed the experience. Thanks Willie and Rick for being our tour guides. We look forward to seeing you folks again!!

 

A fountain in the courtyard where Willie, Riley and I had pedicures for $18 US each.

The second fountain in the same courtyard.

I like the cactus!

 

We arrived back home at 4:30 pm, so you know it was a busy day. Yuma was happy to see us all and raced around for a while, came over for pets and attention and finally headed back home. 

 

A courtyard near a very nice hotel.

The hotel is doing some renovations.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed seeing the few photos of Los Algodones that I snapped even though they aren't the greatest but you get the flavour at least. I was busy enjoying the experience and took very few photos. 

 

This lady made us a beautiful sign and was using the fire to dry the paint.

Sandra used a paint brush for the cactus and the letters, but not for anything else.

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

   

10 comments:

  1. I really love the colors that came out in your pictures. Catches what we saw on our visit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was busy enjoying the experience and didn’t take many pics at all. I found it busy in the pics I did take, lots of colours in small spaces. I hope the glasses help.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. First time in Algodones is always an experience. Don't you just love all the colors? Food is great there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to going back another time. The colours reminds me of the Caribbean, lots of bright colours. The food was good, although we didn't have anything Mexican.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. It is always interesting to experience Algodones. Our favorite place has the best shrimp tacos you will ever find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely interesting. Similar in ways to the Caribbean, but also New Orleans. Someone always trying to get you part with your money, buskers, hawkers, vendors, etc. They tried to get me to eat a fish taco but I dislike fish and I'm allergic to seafood.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Color is never lacking in Mexico. I'm glad you enjoyed your first visit. Nice sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, colour is never shy there, very vibrant, like it's people, lots of hustle and bustle. Thanks, we now have a little bunkie back home that we refer to as The Cabin. I think this will fit very nicely for our piece of 'wall hanging'.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. We've never been to Mexico but always looks like a great place! Love the colors :) The painting is beautiful! Was it very crowded, doesn't really look like it. Even better going with friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was our first time, but not our last. The colours are powerful and pulling. The woman used spray paint, a plastic bag, cardboard, a few stencils, and only used a paint brush to write and draw the saguaros. Extremely talented lady.
      It was not crowded at all, lots of empty space and the streets were not busy in the least, except close to the border.
      It was great to meet up with friends from back home and enjoy the day together! Hopefully we can do it again before the winter is over.

      Deb

      Delete