Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cold Wind and lots of sleep.....

Our Location: Magic River Rv Resort, Long Beach, Mississippi

(no pics today)

A warm overnight with an early morning shower or two kept things quiet until after 6 a.m. before the fire was going. It sprinkled off and on while we braved the drops to chat around the fire for a while. The day has been warm, humid but windy and overcast with splashes of sun at times. 

I was up at the Log Cabin about 5:50 a.m. and just kind of stood around checking out the weather for a bit and then finally the fire guys decided they could brave the drops and started a fire. The usual faces around the fire this morning but I didn't stay much past 7:30 a.m. as the rain was starting to fall a bit more steadily. 

Riley and I had some breakfast, did some dishes and then climbed in the Dogsled to head up to the office to pay our weekly rent. We forgot to do that yesterday. Before the girl wouldn't let us pay for anything longer than a week, today she let us pay for 2 weeks. Go figure. ~laugh~ 

Back home Riley decided she didn't want to walk today so I went off on my own. It was warm there and the sun was intense when it wasn't buried behind the cloud cover. I made my way around the odd shaped oval 4 times in just over 60 minutes. I was warm when I finished. 

Back home I had a bill to pay and managed to do so without too much trouble. Now my insurance is paid up for another month. Hopefully I'll be home and have the truck changed over before I need to renew it again. Keep your fingers crossed okay? ~laugh~ 

I also remembered that I need to have my blood work done last week but forgot until today. So tomorrow that is on the agenda first thing. I just need to find the place in Gulfport. I'll look it up and head out there to keep Dr. Bobba happy. When I'm feeling good I forget about having it done and usually have something on my computer to pop up and remind me but with having it every two months down here somehow it's gotten off the calendar. If I weren't so lazy I'd put it back can see it's not back on. ~laugh~ 

Lunch was a large garden salad followed by some oatmeal cookies. Walmart makes the best oatmeal cookies!! Soft and chewy, just how I like 'em. I thought a small walk might be in order to level out my sugar this afternoon since drinking water wasn't doing the trick. So after a couple of rounds around the park I feel less tired and more restless. Riley told me I needed to find SOMETHING to do. ~laugh~ I think I may have been annoying her or something. 

Dinner tonight will be sausage soup. We'll have enough for a couple of days worth so I won't be cooking for a while. Yeah...ME! We visited around the fire pit, but no fire for a while this afternoon but the cold wind drove us home after about an hour.

(finished the rest of this post this morning- March 8)
Due to weather and fatigue we stayed home last night and didn't participate in the fire crowd. I had two bowls of sausage soup, which was very good, after which I read for a bit and then around 7 p.m. I was extremely tired and so went to bed. It was early I know but I was truly so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I slept the entire night, only waking twice thru the night for a short period before drifting off again. This morning I woke late at around 6 a.m. Guess I was tired. ~laugh~

Thanks for stopping by, until next safe, take care... 

No comments:

Post a Comment