Wednesday, November 16, 2022

We have moved....

 

Our Location: 

 

Between MM 91 -90, AZ 95 South Bound, Quartzsite, AZ

 

Today was moving day, a mixed up one but we all made it to our new home dirt safely. Riley and I pulled out of Saddle Mountain BLM amid a swarm of flies and dust. We were happy to leave it in the rear view mirror. In order to avoid construction we turned left on Courthouse Road, which took us to Harquahala (pronounced Hark- qua- hala) Valley Road, and to I-10 West missing the intended rest area where we were to meet Doug & Yuma (http://missadventuretravels.blogspot.com/ ). However we stopped at the next rest area and eventually heard from Doug who was still at least 30 miles away. Riley and I pulled out and headed on to our destination leaving Doug & Yuma to come behind. A very short ride had us making our way through Q or Quartzsite (without a single photo) and headed south on AZ 95.

 

 

Rest Area, MM 53, I-10 WB  between Tonopah and Quartzsite, AZ

Not signs we Ontario folks see often.

A few years ago we found a very good site out here and friends Deb & Tom (tdcelebratingthedance.blogspot.com   ) parked with us for a while. This was the spot we were hoping to find. Well we didn't find it while towing but we did find a good spot and have settled in right here for a while. Doug & Yuma arrived before we were completely set up. I took the Dogsled to the roadway and waited until they arrived and followed me in.  We have 3 or 4 bars on AT&T.

 

That is the Kofa Mountains over there.

Here is home dirt for a while, between MM 91-90 SB on AZ 95.

 

Called Dad to tell him we have arrived at our next spot for a while. Seems they have flurries or white stuff on the ground. Oh my, it's too early yet, but it is what it is. I was reluctant to tell him of our lack of snow  although we do have a bit of ice on the fins of the fridge if that's of any consolation!! 

 

 

Yuma was throwing up dust when he was racing to meet me.

I believe this may be a pencil cactus, or it might not.

A walk later in the day and I found the spot we were looking for, we were so close, only about 100 yards or so away. Oh well, this one is nice too. At this point Riley and I have no plans moving forward. Something we'll have to decide as time goes along. 

 

A Saguaro and a Palo Verde tree in tight quarters.

Look, no picky things!!!
 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

This is the road I was looking for but couldn't find. Someone asked me how we find spots......

Pick one, any one at all will do.They are all beautiful and flat.

 

Until next time....

 

I found the spot Deb. The unique Saguaro is almost gone.

It was a vibrant green in 2020.

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

It's beautiful even in death.

Those two white dots on the left are us, the Igloo and the White Lion. Kofa Mountains ahead.

 

Deb

 

 

14 comments:

  1. That looks like a very nice piece of desert to spend some time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice on the fins of the fridge, made me laugh. Your luck to hang out with Yuma, he's a star. Vern in Boise with real ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I gave you a chuckle Vern. Yuma is a star for sure. He’s fast, handsome and loveable. Doug’s nice too!

      Deb

      Delete
  3. You picked a pretty camp, Deb. Mountains everywhere and some really nice hiking areas on a fairly flat surface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great place to park. I love those areas back there ... nice and quiet, at least for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m a country girl, quiet is not the enemy! Lol

      Deb

      Delete
    2. With Riley, Doug and Yuma I am not sure quiet is available for long stretches of time. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  5. I love where you landed for a bit! Surprised there's not more people around, but that's a good thing! Enjoy and hope it stays warm for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we like it here. I think it's a bit too far from Quartzsite for most folks, we are very close to Palm Canyon Road. It is just so open out here, lots of places to park and places to walk but only on the flat.

      Deb.

      Delete
  6. It looks like you found a great spot. Between yours and Doug's pictures it makes me wish we were on our way there, also. Looks like there is room...lol Yet, at the same time I am excited to head back and spend some time with our kids and grandkids. Sad to see the unique Saguaro is almost gone. Though I do agree it is still beautiful in death. I know it is the circle of life but still sad. Enjoy your "home dirt" and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the road, we're just a bit short but that's okay. Lots of room for you folks!!! Enjoy the trip back to see the family, I think it will be fun, but cold, but family is always fun!!!
      It is the circle of life but beauty has it's own ideas and if it's possible the old man is going with dignity and a noble last few months. Stoic, strong and proud.
      Thanks, home dirt is always interesting.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. You picked a really nice area but, of course, the picture of Yuma is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete