Tuesday, November 15, 2022

2nd post today...

 

 

Our Location: 

MM 13, Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, Az

 

Yes we are still here, just a little farther down the road due to the construction. Yes our limit is up today but I don't think anyone will mind. News from Doug (Miss adventure travels ) yesterday had us deciding to wait and travel west with him and his trusty sidekick Yuma. We will be meeting them at the rest area  about 20  miles from Tonopah and continue on west to Quartzsite.

 

That is a very large Staghorn Cactus up there on the hill side.
 

This morning Riley and I headed out for a nice walk. I won't bore you with the details but I'll share the photos with ya. 

 

A view of the Dogsled from a high point on the roadway.

I don't think words could do that justice.

I forgot to edit the photos for yesterday's blog before going to bed last night (since it was a pretty busy day for us) and this morning we were out the door before the heat and so I finished that post earlier this morning. Hopefully I'll get this one finished before tomorrow. I seem to be slipping, sluggard that I am. 

 

The path we walked.

I often just head out cross country but not here, too rough.


A few birthday wishes to mention today. Happy Birthday Loretta K. You are looking as lovely as ever and your smile is always winning. Have a fantastic day!!! Happy Birthday wishes also to Betty Anne M. who is the owner over the little motel where Riley and I work through the summer months. She is a fantastic lady, friendly, outgoing, fun and enjoys life!! We have no doubt your day will be special.

 



  

 

On that note, I hope you enjoyed your visit, thanks for stopping by. 






Until next time...


Take care, be safe, 


Deb

 

7 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, as always. Love the little guy basking in the sun! Reminds me of someone! Me, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. He was just hanging out there and we didn't disturb him. I don't like being disturbed if I'm just lounging in the sun either. LOL.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Two posts filled with beautiful mountain pictures that I never get tired of seeing in person or in pictures either.
    Glad to read Doug and Yuma will be traveling along with you and Riley. Fingers crossed he does not trouble with the White Lion. I would not have enjoyed listening to all that noise and beeping either. Safe Travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I never get tired of them either. Hopefully D & Y have a good winter and the WL runs until he makes it back home in the spring.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. That's nice you're going to meet up with Doug, hopefully he gets there ok. Beautiful pictures! One thing I like about winter here is the lizards are gone! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't comment on that lizard thing, that would be a little annoying I think. Hopefully D & Y have a good winter and things go well.

      Deb

      Delete