Friday, November 18, 2022

A sit outside kind of day....

 

Our Location: 

MM 91-90 SB AZ 95, near Quartzsite, AZ

 

A very cold morning this morning, the outside temp read 34F/1.1C. Can you say Brrrrrrrr? It was very Brrrrrrr. However it warmed up relatively quickly and reached a high of about 64F/18C by 4:30 pm. The wind made it a bit coolish but not too bad. 

Red Ocotillo (Oco-tee-o) leaves but I think they will turn green soon.

I just love the stem/trunk of the Ocotillo.

The very smooth, very green bark of a Palo Verde tree.

 

A walk this morning, another short one this afternoon and the rest of the day was spent outside sitting in the sun, doing a few house keeping chores, chatting with Doug, and just enjoying the day. 

 

Undercut bank of the arroyo (a-roy-o), back home we call them a ditch.

Large amounts of water go thru in a short length of time.

Very sandy on the bottom.

Dad called just before noon to ask if I'd noticed the Buffalo weather. Yes those poor folks receiving FEET of snow and the water of the lake is still very warm, they will be getting a lot more snow before the lake freezes over. Dad's neighbourhood also has some snow and a few flurries are falling from the sky!!

 

Way off in the distance thru the arroyo is this Sagurao.

It has interesting battle scars.

It looks like it's healed over a very big gash.

Things are quiet here and we like quiet, it's restful. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

A very tangled mess edges all along the arroyos.

That hint of green in the sage bush means it will be leafing out soon.

My sister asked about these early, I don't know what they are.

 

Until next time....

 

I have no idea what they are but they appear to just spring up.

Of course they are sticky, picky and pointy.

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

These always look half eaten.

The spines look transparent in the sunlight.

 

Deb

 

 

8 comments:

  1. With scenery like that I bet it is hard to imagine the snow and bitter cold back home. We rather enjoy the snow and the cold....through Christmas but then it might be time to hit the road and warm up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would lose that bet. It is memories that never are forgotten. Too many years shivering, aching and shovelling. Snow from Dec 1 to Dec 30 would be fine, even the cold would be acceptable but after that I would prefer temps no lower than high 60’s and no higher than high 70’s. I’m too old for snow to be fun any more.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Beautiful closeups using your cellphone, Deb. It was a nice relaxing warm day. Hopefully, we'll have many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. The cellphone does okay. I enjoyed the day, very relaxing. I plan on having such days this winter.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I hope you remembered to give that lone Saguaro a big hug for me:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hugging but I tell them all that you send your warmest thoughts and hope to one day say hello again for yourself.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Yeah, we call them ditches also!! LOL. I think I recognize those saguaros!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you on a first name basis with them? The saguaros not the ditches. LOL

      Deb

      Delete