Thursday, November 3, 2022

A very nice catch up with Doug and Yuma...

 

 

Our Location: 

Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, Arizona

 

 

A warmish night over night but a cool down was coming. Knowing we were having company later Riley and I opted to head out shortly before 8am for a bit of a hike. Riley turned around after a while and headed back home but I kept going until I reached the base of the mountain behind us. I didn't dally long and headed back home quickly as we were planning on making a pot of Veggie Soup for lunch. 

 

 

We headed back that way for our walk. Both times today.

The sunlight changes the entire feel of the mountain.

I've walked back along that mountain foot, much more difficult than it looks.

Home by 9:30 am, it wasn't long before we had a large pot of home made veggie soup simmering.  With coffee in hand, I sat outside reading until a little silver jeep pulled up. Doug and Yuma climbed out and it was as if no time had passed since we last seen them. 

 

This is the road way back into those mountains. Very rough in places, easier walking off the roadway.

I just the love the view of this mountain. It changes hourly.

If you look in the middle of the photo, I climbed up to just behind those boulders sitting on the flat space.
 

We sat outside for a bit before moving inside out of the dust and cool winds. Back outside after a spat of rain and wind, but back inside to have some lunch. Doug, Yuma and I headed back toward the same mountain I  had visited only a few hours before. It was good for Doug to get out and stretch, letting some of his worries bleed away and just breathing some calm, quiet  air. 

 

Saguaro ribs will slowly go back to Mother Earth.

Not nearly as smooth as one thinks until they start walking.

One of the washes I crossed, here they are called arroyos.
 

Doug received a phone call from the shop where the White Lion was sitting. His news to tell and I'm sure he will share it later today. 

 

The arroyo I went through on my hike this morning.

Can you see the Saguaro at the top up there?

I walked up to the top of the flat spot. The storm clouds had me hurrying home.
 

We truly enjoyed visiting with Doug and Yuma, it was a nice visit and hopefully Doug was a little better fed, a little less stressed and a little more at ease when they pulled out. 

 


That white spot far off in the middle of the photo is the Igloo.

I told you the view of that mountain changes hourly.
 

The rain blew over quickly, the wind has died down and the temperatures are once again on the rise. At one point they reached 49F/9C this afternoon. It was very chilly. They rebounded to about 65F/18C this afternoon just before the sun started dropping. Tomorrow will hopefully be a warmer day. 

 

The Igloo way down there, not far off of Salome Hwy.

The chicken raising place off in the distance near Tonopah.

Taken from the flat spot in one of the previous photos, looking even higher.
 

The photos tonight were taken with my phone. I decided not to take my new camera with me this morning on my walk. 

 

I've been over there too. There is a path over that I've followed up to a high point but not the top.

A hue of green from all the rain recently.

That is a nuclear power plant way over there.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

 

It's very green this year.  I was up behind those boulders on the right earlier.

A dying Saguaro off in the distance.

Very picky, ouch, ouch, ouch. Glad I didn't touch it.

Until next time...

 

Holes in a young Saguaro.

Looking back when I started heading home.

I'm going to walk over there soon and see if that is the double dying Saguaro.
 

Take care, be safe,

 

Standing in arroyo.

Looking the other way.

I took one of these home one year. Very neat isn't it?

Yuma, Doug and Riley on a very blustery afternoon here at Saddle Mountain.
 

Deb

 

13 comments:

  1. Nice hike, but it looks chilly to me!! I can't get enough of those mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was chilly but worth the effort. Soon I will make more of an effort and get some better pics.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Can you remind me what the name of Doug's blog is? I seem to have lost track of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a resourceful fella. Doug always does great blogs, sees so many interesting things. It’s always fun reading his posts.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to reunite with our American friends again? Plus, we look forward to reuniting with our Canadian friends this winter too! Our paths will hopefully cross or at least come close enough for a meeting point! :)
    What a great picture of Doug, Riley and Yuma. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fantastic to meet up with everyone again. We look forward to doing so with both Canadian and American, as friends are friends!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having us over Deb. I'm ready to push on now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came to visit. Happy you've been able to put all of this into a plan of sorts.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. It's always nice to have a visit and walk with friends ... great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice, I agree. Thanks. Welcome to my little blog, I hope you enjoy your visits.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos but my favorite is Yuma looking at Riley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very excited to see us again. We certainly missed him and Doug.

      Deb

      Delete