Friday, November 25, 2022

Meeting with friends....

 

Our Location: 

MM 91-90 SB Az 95, near Quartzsite, Arizona

 

A very nice morning, not too chilly. A morning walk netted me my steps for the day and a few little chores were the order of the morning. After that it was just sit and relax, and so I did. I'm good at it too!! 

 

I have never seen 7 saguaros in the same spot.

 

Shortly after noon Riley and I headed out to Q for a few little things, propane, diesel and some extra water. We did well, we got diesel and water but forgot to take the propane tank with us. Now how could we do that you ask? Well, it just is what it is. Oh well, we'll eventually get some more. 

 

This is one of the seven, but he is the only one with arms.

 

We met Doug at La Posa South and we both met up with Bill in Black Beauty and he lead us to their spot. Yep, a visit with Bill ( On our way )  and Patsy ( Chillin' with Patsy ) and of course Mr. Gibbs. A good visit outside their home and then we all headed into Silly Al's for pizza. Our first time there, the pizza was good but the company was excellent. Thanks Doug for the treat, we appreciate it very much. It was wonderful to catch up with Bill and Patsy again. After our goodbyes, see you down the roads, Riley and I headed home. 

 

Patsy and Bill with Mr. Gibbs behind them.

 

Later in the evening Doug and I went for a leg stretch to help the pizza settle and made it home shortly after the sun slipped behind the mountain to the west. A very good day for Riley and I. 

 

Doug and Riley.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the visit. 

 

Doug, Riley, Bill, Patsy and Deb having lunch at Silly Al's.

 

Until next time....

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

8 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to see you and Riley as well as Doug today. I hope we can make it happen again before the end of the winter season. ♥ I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' your group picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can even keep ‘em if you want! Lol
      It was fantastic seeing you folks and meeting Gibbs. We will do our best to reconnect before we head home again as we will be back in this area at some time over the winter and day tripping is always an adventure!

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed our visit with Bill, Patsy and Gibbs. The amount of pizza I ate was a shock to the system, but the walk helped settle it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice visit, we enjoyed it. Thanks again for the pizza. I enjoyed the evening stroll.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect "Thanksgiving" dinner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think just about everybody but Kelly and I have been to Silly Al's pizza. We'll put that on our bucket list:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you were able to visit with Bill and Patsy. You're also making us jealous going to Silly Al's. Their Pizza is the best we've ever had.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete