Saturday, November 19, 2022

A windy but wonderful day...

 

Our Location: 

 

MM 91-90 South Bound, AZ 95, near Quartzsite, Az

 

A very chilly morning, not as chilly as yesterday but still not far above the freezing mark either. Wind, wind, wind, it's the story of the day. 

 

This saguaro hands on at the edge of a arroyo.

Makes you wonder what stories it could tell.

 

I phone my friend Linda this morning and we chatted for about an hour and a half, just catching up on all things that interest us. I didn't leave for my walk until around 9:30 am. I know what a sluggard I am, but I was on the phone!!! 

 

A small hole in the outside skin has healed over.

These four photos are of the same saguaro. The bottom always looks rugged.
 

Today was a good walking day, I put in not quite 9000 steps all before noon. After that I kind of was lazy and just hung out reading and doing not much of anything. I could get used to doing not of much of anything! 

 

Skinned ankles!!

Up close to the spines.

 

Chatted with Doug off and on all day, helped with a few little things and then just minded my own business here at home. Sorry nothing new and exciting to tell ya about but it is what it is. 

 

Interesting how the spines just start with a new crease in the skin.


 
Down in one of the arroyos, you can see the tree is being undercut by water.

 

Happy Birthday to my brother in law Dennis. He turns another year older this year, I think he be reaching the age of majority soon, no not legal age but the age that the majority of us are getting to be....older!!!

 

An island of greenery in the vast stretches of my walk this morning.

You can see what I mean by vast stretches.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

I just love this view.

Green in various shades along with almost yellow too.

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You sure can catch interesting views with your cellphone. I enjoy looking at them. It was a quiet day with quite a bit of wind from the north, making it feel cooler than it is. Thank goodness for the bountiful sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I think I’m about out of things to take photos of on this stretch, I need to drive somewhere to take some new ones.
      The cleaning must be about finished, you’ve been at it for days.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I must admit, the desert isn't that fun when it's windy. Cold I can take, but I don't like the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our summer spot is on a rock in Lake Huron, it’s always windy there but wind here seems different maybe because there is no way to get out of the wind here. There we have trees and rocks that offer a bit of protection depending on the direction. Here not so much.

      Deb

      Delete