Thursday, November 10, 2022

Visitors today....

 

Our Location: 

Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, AZ

 

A bit coolish this morning but still nice. Riley and I were up and doing a few little errands and chores this morning before our visitors were scheduled to arrive. We needed stamps, fuel, and to dump some garbage which we managed in town. Then it was back home to wait for company, so I did a little strolling around while we waited.

 

Sunset, Nov 9.

The sky is on fire, Nov 9

Our company over slept and was a bit late arriving but made it just before the noon hour. Doug & Yuma came for another visit. Yuma was excited and I think Doug was happy to see us too. 

 

Smoke on the mountain top.

Some day I want to climb up there. (photo taken a number of days ago)

Riley is under the weather with a sinus cold and so didn't want to do much of anything today. Doug, Yuma and I headed off back toward that mountain. It was a  nice walk, we did a little climbing and a lot of looking around. We managed to find some folks to chat with on our walk. Nice folks, from Albuquerque and Kansas I think they said. Very friendly folks. Doug, Yuma and I got back to the Igloo around 2 pm, and considering we left around 12, I think we did pretty good. 

 

Doug taking a photo.

Yuma biting at a fly. 

Doug, Yuma and I climbed into his jeep and did a little sight seeing, walking and um....some rough overland travel. We left shortly after we got back to the Igloo from our hike  and the tires touched home dirt around 3:30. A quick few photos and they were on their way back to the White Lion. 

 

We went up there today. (sorry for the glare)

It's actually pretty big up there. 

 

I think the three of us, Doug, Yuma and I all had a pretty good day doing some exploring and some chatting. Speaking only for me, I'll sleep good tonight and I have no doubt they will as well. In fact when they climbed in the jeep to head home Yuma as laying on the seat with his head down on his paws. I think he was saying " Let's go home now!"

 

Yuma made it up first. 

Then Doug and I made it up. 

The rest of the evening has been quiet and peaceful. The temps were nice today and a slight breeze helped to keep from getting too hot. The flies are ever present and make sitting outside a challenge unless it's cool or there is a breeze. They may be a problem as time goes on. We shall see. 

 

Al, I think you might like that view.

Or maybe this one too.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Uncle Lyle, who celebrates today.  Lyle is married to my dad's sister Shirley.  We hope the day is a good one for you. 


Doug is resting in the hollow.

 

As you can see the hollow is pretty big, we are under the overhang.
 

Just for my own reference my feet moved for 6 miles/9.6 km, they moved for approx 3 hours. Tomorrow may be a day off. I do however have a lot of photos so I won't have any trouble finding some to post if I don't walk. 


Yuma and I went around a corner...

Someone had a fire here.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, thanks for stopping by. All photos were taken with my phone.  More of today's photos tomorrow.

 

Those are big rocks down there.

Jeeping now, past MM 13, on the left. We've camped way in the back before.

Until next time.....

 

Even the lower levels are high.

Hiking back there, but not for us today.

Take care, be safe, 

There is so much beauty here.

So much green this year.

 

Deb  




12 comments:

  1. The flies have been terrible this year, I never remember seeing flies in Yuma at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last few visits here have been hit and miss. A new chicken farm nearby seems to be what everyone says is to blame.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Question for you.... How does Yuma do walking around with all the cactus and other prickly things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn’t have any issues but we didn’t walk anywhere near any cactus other than saguaros. There isn’t many jumping cactus where we hiked and I haven’t noticed any goat head stickers either. Not to say there aren’t any but I haven’t seen any on my boots or shoes or in the truck and trailer.
      We had a great day. Yuma is always leading the way.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. That sure looks like a real nice place to hike around, very scenic.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. It isn’t your richly treed places but it is very beautiful.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures. How nice that Doug and Yuma were able to visit again today. Sorry to hear Riley is not feeling the best. Hope you feel better real soon, Riley. It is always interesting to see photos from two people of the same place; what they each notice and focus on in their pictures. I like the different view points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I always wonder if we will duplicate the photos but you are correct, we all see different things. We enjoyed the visit and the hike. The jeep ride was rough and I'm not sure I would do it again. LOL

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Really love the sky pictures! I'm glad Doug and Yuma made it out there. I'm sure it helped get his mind off the WL and get in some exercise! Hope Riley is on the mend! No fun being sick for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were happy to see Doug & Yuma again, it's nice to have someone to hike with!

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Your pictures are great, such nice views.
    Doug won't get lost with that shirt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug is very festive but with all the green in the desert he could blend in. LOL.
      Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the views.

      Deb

      Delete