Saturday, November 12, 2022

A very quiet day....

 

Our Location: 

Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, Arizona

 

Another quiet day today. So a few photos to share from a walk I took a few days ago.  We are parked off of Salome Highway and so I went across the highway to take a look around. I've never been over there in all the times we stayed here.

 

The colours are beautiful.

The Igloo is over there just behind that rise near the power lines.

There are almost no rigs over there at all.

Not inviting but not uninviting either. I love the rust colour.

 

Can you see the Igloo and the Dogsled down there?

Teddy Bear Cactus, they look fuzzy but they aren't.

I liked the sky over the mountain tops.

These are hills but are very rocky, mostly like a shale.

I didn't go to the top but I did wander around for a bit.


It's cooler today than it has been. The temperature is not even 70F/21C as I start this post at noon. The sky is a hazy blue but the sound of target shooting is easily heard around and is keeping me at home today.

 


Lots of shale over there.

Looking between to peaks.

Interesting how there is Teddy Bear cactus on one side of the road but not where we are.

 

Don't try hugging this thing.

Lots of places across the road looks like this.

There are some views I just never get tired of.

The sky is definitely eye catching.


Not impossible to climb but very rough.

The view is stunning.

Would be nicer without the power lines but it's still amazing.

Lots of things are on end here. You cannot step on that stuff.

Kind of makes you wonder how that came about.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the visit. 

 

Until next time....

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

That saguaro has seen some rough days.

Best days are behind!

Very green this year.

I am almost home.

 

Deb

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Just beautiful pictures with phone Deb. Never get tired of the beautiful views at Saddle Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, awesome photos, thanks for all your effort to get them, Vern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vern. These photos weren’t too difficult to get, I mainly followed the semi kind of road, then an almost road, then a path and then a hint of a path. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Those spire type rock formations are very interesting. You really do wonder how they came to be and how long it took to be exposed that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a curious lot. I could ask my friend, she’s a geologist I’m sure she could tell me but sometimes it’s better too just keep wondering. Life needs a few mysteries!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Funny how those mountains just call to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! Wow, you were certainly up the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you are once again enjoying the southwest.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks folks. Hopefully you will both once again be taking to the highways and setting your sights for places you WANT to be, enjoying life and finding the path that is right for you.

      Deb

      Delete