Friday, November 4, 2022

A bit of a walk today.

 

 

Our Location: 

Saddle Mountain, Tonopah, Arizona

 

A coolish night last night, we woke to temps of 39F/3C. It warmed up quickly once the sun came up and yet it hasn't been overly warm today, the breeze is very cool.

 

The power line Saguaro.

As you can see it has some interesting growths.

A short walk this morning to the power line Saguaro and then Riley returned home and turned myself back once again to the mountain behind us. I approached from a different path than yesterday. 

 

An interesting Saguaro on our walk to get Riley closer to home.

Same goal as yesterday but from a different direction today.

The Guardian of the cave on the right, can you see him sitting there?
 

I was careful to watch and listen for rattlesnakes and decided to forego too much climbing on my own. A nasty fall would not be good out here and it was a long way back home.  So I was only gone a couple of hours before I was saying "hello the Igloo" to announce my return. It's a common thing when either of us are out and returning home, so as not to startle the other.

 

Yesterday I approached that flat spot from behind.

There are many 'holes' or 'indentations' in the side of the rock. Can you see them?

I've walked across that flat looking area before and thought today might be a good time to do so again.

A few quick contacts with Doug, just keeping in touch and seeing how things are going. I've spoken with a few folks back home over the last number of days but since it's usually after I post my blog, I forget to mention it in the next post.

 

I climbed up that way, a lot steeper and rockier than it looks.

I thought I'd go up not far from that twin Saguaro on the left.

I wonder what that looks like in there? I've never been quite that high.
 

It has been a truly quiet day here and we've enjoyed it. We have done nothing exciting and so I have little to tell you. I can however show you what I viewed today on my lone, short, hike. 

 

It is actually pretty flat up there and it should be easy walking along.

The little white spot a bit left of center is the Igloo.

And the mountain that changes every hour!
 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

I could have climbed up there, but decided against it.

It would have meant climbing up here, and it is very steep, not quite straight up.

That is the way I came up and it's the way went back down as well.

 

Until next time...

 

 

Not quite all the way down yet but looking back up.

That bare spot is a campsite.

Lots of saguaros down there.

take care, be safe, 

 

I believe that is a Palo Verde tree in the back, and a Mesquite bush in front.

Deb 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Deb. You catch the essence of the desert and mountains in your pictures. Don't go to the cave till I get there and we can make it an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I think that cave maybe out of reach or I would have been there already on one of my last visits. Looking forward to you, Yuma and the White Lion arriving soon.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Great views ... and every saguaro has it's own character. What a great place to camp,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each is definitely unique, kind of like the rest of us. It is a great place, and if one is willing to walk or jeep, there are lots of views available.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Looking at all your great Sonoran desert pictures makes me very homesick for the southwest.

    ReplyDelete