Monday, December 10, 2018

Sunrise, walk, missed chance meeting, lazy day..........



Our Location:  American Girl Mine Road, California


Not a good night’s sleep for me, I was awake at 2 AM and never went back to sleep. Hopefully I sleep better tonight. A nice warmish night though and the morning dawned warm but with a bit of wind, making a hoodie necessary while I took pictures at sunrise.


The sky was on fire this morning.

Back in the Igloo around 6:30 - 45 AM I was glad to hear Riley moving around which meant I didn’t have to try to tip toe and keep quiet. I’m not good at that. We had no plans today except to take it easy. A morning read of the blog happenings had a friend of Shirley ( Seeing America with Ken and Shirley) and Patsy’s (Chillin’ with Patsy) asking if we’d like to come visit but unfortunately she didn’t leave me any contact information. I left a note in the reply for her to send me an email but we didn’t hear from her. Oh well, perhaps another time. 

It was sure an interesting sky this morning.

Riley and I had a quick breakfast before heading out for a walk shortly after 8 AM. We walked back toward the mountains again going a short distance past the power lines before turning around and coming back. We were gone about an hour. A nice walk, got the heart pumping and the blood moving. Cool heading toward the mountains as we walked into the wind but warmer coming back as the wind was behind us. 

 
Back home I puttered outside doing a few things before sitting down to read for a while. A little more putter, some lunch (fend for yourself day today) and more reading. We watched out the window for a while just enjoying the view too. 


Certainly not an exciting day but we enjoyed it. Tomorrow we may actually do some more house keeping things such as windows. However that is only if I feel like getting the ladder off and you know I’m not sure I will feel like it. 


 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Today’s pictures are all sunrise pictures taken this morning. The last picture is very dark, looks like night but the sun was shining brightly when I snapped the picture. I didn’t do anything at all to any of them, they are in this blog exactly how they uploaded from the camera. 



Until next time… take care, be safe, 

It just came out this way. The sun peeked over the horizon and  as I snapped this picture I could see the rays.


Deb




11 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you had a relaxing day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. We're going to have a lot of those this winter. We enjoy them.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those quiet days and too bad you could not meet up with your blog follower, maybe another time .
    This is our lifestyle as far as I am concerned everyday we can do this is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree George. Every day we can do this is amazing. Probably not exciting to read about but still a wonderful thing. It was too bad about the missed meeting but that is the way life goes from time to time as I'm sure you know.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunrise pictures! Ohh..too bad about Elva..I know she's at the LTVA Pilot Knob but that's all I know. Sounds like you ladies had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I enjoyed the day and Riley had no complaints. It was too bad about Elva. Perhaps another time.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Wow. I'm sorry I missed you. Yesterday I stayed in and made soup and did some cleaning. I think I'm staying out here today too. My email is shannonelva@yahoo.com.....Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. I didn't know how to contact you to make arrangements. I checked numerous times through the day but didn't see any emails from you.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous sunrise pictures.
    Sounds like you and Riley had a wonderful "do nothing" dsy.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb.Riley and I seem to be having a number of do nothing days. However we like 'em.

      Take care, be safe,

      Deb

      Delete