Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fantastic weather, visitor, and bbq lunch......



Our Location:  American Girl Mine Road, California

A nice night again but an early morning for me. A number of train whistles woke me shortly after 3 AM and then some big dump trucks and a water truck used the road in the early morning hours, and on through into the afternoon a bit as well. Not too loud but noticeable. I rolled out of bed and grabbed the camera to take some sunrise pictures around the 6 AM time period. Nothing spectacular but still nice.

The sun starting to colour the sky this morning.

Riley and I headed out for a walk before 8:30 AM and walked to the north of our spot. A bit rough in places but it smoothed out further along. We found some wonderful places we’ll keep in mind for next time. Riley headed home before I did and since we could see the flag on our neighbor’s rig I felt confident she would be fine getting back home. She texted me when she arrived. I continued to look around and walk, some very interesting sites a bit further on and we’ll be sure to make use of them at a later date. 

There you have it, the sun peaked over those low clouds the very next minute.
 
On my way back home I stopped to chat with a fellow camper here that had crossed my path and we stood for some time chatting. I finally invited him over to sit and chat for a bit and he accepted. Scott is from the Detroit area but lived in Texas for a few years. He is a solo RV’er just fresh out of the stix ‘  brix house by only 9 months or so.  He camps in a 21 foot Winnebago van and seems to be enjoying his adventure although I think he finds it quite cool here by the way he was talking. Scott and Annie (his little dog) stayed for quite a long visit and we discussed many things. We both enjoyed the visit.

Interesting inside to this tree, don't you think?
 
Scott and Annie headed home around 3 PM and I headed inside to start lunch preparations. Today we BBQ’d for the first time in a long time. Very little wind, sunny weather and warm conditions. Yeah. We’ve missed it.  Riley being the sweet young lady she is had set up the BBQ and brought out the chairs after she arrived home. She had a mishap with the Weber and some how managed to break the ignitor button off. It still works but you must push the little inside piece instead of the whole button. Not a big deal.

Sunset was a fiery yellow ball.
 
Our lunch today was BBQ chicken, grilled potatoes, and a mixed veggie packet of mushrooms, green beans and asparagus, topped off with a small garden salad and completed with a small bowl of peaches. Good stuff.

Yellow was the colour until the sun slipped down and then the slight tinge of pink was there.
 
Shortly after 4 pm I headed outside with the camera to get a few sunset pictures. Not a spectacular one but still a nice one. While doing that I chatted with middle daughter Bradey and my best friend Linda, both back home in Ontario.

That was our day, nothing too exciting but a nice visit with Scott and a nice BBQ’d lunch. Tomorrow we have plans to go into Yuma for a while. We shall see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Until next time…. take care, be safe,

Deb






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty decent day you had, always fun to meet new rv'ers. andBBQ'd lunch sounds awesome. Missing our Br right now its been while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a decent day, we have no complaints. We enjoyed the BBQ very much, it's been a while for us too.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. How fun to meet new people and enjoy the conversation. Your lunch/ dinner sounds wonderful! Accidents happen for sure, but it's usable and that's what counts. Sweet girl taking care of getting all the stuff out. Beautiful pics Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Riley is indeed a sweet young lady and I appreciate all her efforts. The BBQ still works and that's all that matters.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. It is nice to meet people doing the same thing you are. Sometimes you just hit it off.
    Dinner sounds awesome, that would do me for many hours! :)
    Nice that you and Riley make a great team and the ignitor button is no big deal. It's the thought that counts, always. She was trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. Absolutely Riley is helping and that is all that counts. She's showing ability to take charge and I like that.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great day. Always nice to meet someone new and enjoy the conversation.
    I do not know if I have said this before but often when I read your blog the thing that comes to mind is just how lucky both you and Riley are to have each other as you travel and enjoy this lifestyle.
    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. It is very true, Riley and I are very fortunate to be able to do this together and she is indeed a big help to me. Truly a gift.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete