Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas.....




Our Location:  Near Borrego Springs, CA


Cool again this morning but it warmed up very quickly and very nicely. A few chores before our hot drinks and we discussed the plans for the day, which were basically none. Well that’s not quite true, we both wanted to walk but not in the same directions and so we went our separate ways. Riley walked around the neighbourhood again, while I once again crossed the Parkway to the mountains and began my hike.
 
Sunrise this morning.
 
I walked along this path you see in the middle of the picture.
 
I took the same path as yesterday to get the to the top of the first big climb but from there I swung to the west and began my long journey. I climbed up and down and up and down and you get the idea. I stopped often to take pictures and enjoy the views. My goal was to reach the furthest peak from the Igloo. I didn’t manage that goal but I did enjoy my trek regardless. As I said it was a roller coaster like ride while I walked west but at the farthest point I reached I decided I would walk back along the trail on the top edge of the middle peaks. So I strolled back toward the same starting point at the top of the big climb and while I moved along I again enjoyed the sights and the warmth. I also could see the snake far off in the distance as I headed back in that direction as well. 


You can see how rough the water ways can get.

For anyone familiar with the area that is Henderson Road BLM at the bottom of the picture. The road to Borrego Springs is the long straight dark ribbon. We are parked just out of the picture off to the left.The small road you see coming from the right is the road we took the other day on our drive around.  I do not recall the name of the road.
 
Back home the rest of the day was quiet and peaceful. A very wonderfully relaxing Christmas Eve for Riley and myself. We have no special plans for tomorrow, just another quiet day here in Borrego Springs, CA. I’ll be making phone calls to the white winter land of Ontario to friends and family  of course. A call to my sister in law Janet and her hubby Dennis here in California will also be on the agenda. This is my 6th winter away from Ontario, but only my 3rd one not returning to Ontario for Christmas, while I miss the people terribly I don’t miss the weather or the cold.

 
This is the west of the Henderson Road BLM. The green is palm trees and some kind of pine trees.

If you look off to the right you can see a path continuing along the mountain side, that was my goal but I just didn't have it in me to go that far as I would have had to come back too. Perhaps another time I'll do a more direct route instead of wandering around.
 
From our Igloo to your home Riley and I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. May the goodness of the season bring you joy, peace and love. May you find in your fellow man  warmth, love and generosity the whole year round, not just during this holiday season. We wish you all a safe and happy festive time.  
 
I love the colour of those far away mountains. Julian, CA is on the top of those mountain although much further to the south than this picture takes in.

 

Off to the east. You can see the snake down there in the bottom toward the middle.

 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Today’s pictures were all taken during my 2 hour hike this morning.

 
Some spectacular views up here.

Well worth the climb. I took that path you can see on the left, it winds down across the middle of the picture and ends up on the right side where it keeps going.

 
Until next time… take care, be safe,

 
Merry Christmas from Borrego Springs, California
 
 
Deb
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you guys as well. Same as you we miss the families but not the cold enjoy this while we can. That one view you post looks like Peggy Leg smith where we usually park, gotta love this wonderful weather and the views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. It is indeed in the area of Peggy Smith Road. The climb is a bit taxing but well worth the effort for the views. There are no motorized vehicles allowed on those hills any longer but the trails were obviously made by them. There is no lack of trails and one must pay attention or one could get turned around very easily.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Deb and Riley! Hoping you both have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. We also wish you and Ken a very Merry Christmas and hope that you enjoy the day with your children, grands and any other folks that happen along.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you both. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and Dolly. We hope you had a wonderful day. Glad you're enjoying the views Doug.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Wishing you both a Safe and Merry Christmas.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you and Kathy as well. Thank you Rick.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete