Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Calls to Ontario, lost dog and sitting in the sun.....



Our Location:  American Girl Mine Road, California


A cooler night last night, not cold but cooler. I slept better, not waking until around 4:30 AM so I was happy about that. We did a bit of house work yesterday, including some of the windows, some freshening up of the inside of the Igloo. You know the dusting and straightening that is part of house keeping. Since I had nothing in particular to write about I didn’t post a blog. 
 
I didn't have my zoom lens and so this was the best I could do.
 
This morning I was about to head out the door for a walk when a call from Ontario put a crimp in that idea. I had to make a phone call back to Ontario to the doctors office (nothing wrong, just insurance forms) but of course they were gone for lunch which meant my walk would have to wait until I could work this issue out. About an hour later I finally managed to get the doctors office on the phone and get things moving along and straightened out, hopefully that situation is fixed. We shall see however in the near future. I called my agent back and explained things to him and we are hopeful things will be completed soon. I figured it was not a good time for a walk, so I once again enjoyed the sunlight and my book for a while. 
 
He flew silently away shortly after this picture.
 
Last night I heard the coyotes yipping and yapping and a dog barking, not painful just barking. I didn’t think much about until we heard our neighbours truck moving around for a long time, an hour at least. This morning the same truck was moving about, up and own the road ways, through the ditches, etc. It was after my calls to Ontario that he finally stopped and asked if we’d seen a little black dog around. I explained I hadn’t seen the dog but heard the wildlife in the wash last night, just after dark, around 5:30 pm. That seems is about the time  the dog was let outside. Turns out the dog is blind, deaf and has no teeth, and is 17 years old. The dog I heard bark sounded much bigger than the size of dog he indicated and wasn’t in pain. So I put away my book and headed out to walk the wash to the road and another wash back up the other side of the Igloo. After an hour I still hadn’t found anything and it was about that time I noticed his truck was back at their rigs as well. He came by while I was BBQing lunch to thank me for looking and to say they didn’t think they would find it.

Love the sky behind the owl. The sun is just starting to show it's rays on the clouds.
 
Lunch today was a regular lunch for us, a nice garden salad, then later we enjoyed garlic potatoes and onions in foil, mixed veggies of carrots, mushrooms, and onions with some Italian seasonings also cooked in foil, ham steak, and to finish off we enjoyed some peaches in lite syrup. A quick clean up after lunch and the clock was reading 3 PM already. 
 
The sun is showing off it's colours yesterday morning.
 
A few more phone calls today calling friend Linda and of course Dad, I tried Bradey again but voice mail answered. Yesterday I chatted with my sister Jan, my Aunt Shirley, daughter Courtney and tried daughter Bradey but  answering machine only. Tomorrow I’ll finish off with my brother Rick and my SIL Janet. Always good to keep in touch with family back home.

A very pretty sky yesterday morning.
 
Today’s pictures are a mix from yesterday and today. The owl in the first few was hard to get as it was still pretty dark outside, sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

 
These guys fly over a lot but not usually this low.
 
Until next time… take care, be safe,

Deb


6 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about your neighbours dog, not likely to last long in the desert being in that kind of shape.
    Glad you are enjoying you time there in that wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sorry for them as well. One should always look after their pets.
      It is indeed a wonderful place and we will return in future years without a doubt.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh that makes me so sad and just confirms what everyone tells us.....don't let the dogs out alone at night.
    Seems like a quiet place and hope things are fine back home and it is all straightened out for you.
    Enjoy the rest of your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, sad end for a family pet.
      It's all just paperwork stuff. Nothing exciting. Haha
      Thanks we are enjoying this area a great deal.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Oh that's so sad about the dog :( Beautiful pictures Deb! Ready for some warmth here! 21 degrees this am..BRRR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sad about the family pet. I love the pictures of the snow and Al's pictures of the ice but I'm glad I'm not in either places. I'll take the warmth every time.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete