Monday, November 20, 2023

A quiet Sunday….

 


Our Location:

Road Runner BLM, Quartzsite, Arizona 


Up and out the door around 7 am, my feet once again carrying me over the desert floor in search of some pics for this blog and to watch the sunrise from a different spot. I was successful in doing those things as well as managing to get my 6000 steps in again today.

Various rigs parked in the desert.




A few issues with battery power but our wonderful neighbours came to the rescue and I have no doubt we will figure out the issue. Thanks Ken and Lorne. It being Sunday Tom was off to church before we even knew we had a problem or I have no doubt he too would have been here.


These pics were taken before the sun came up.


A nice visit with Sue here in the Igloo today as well. We are enjoying getting to know her as she is a bubbly lady. Her smile lights up a room and the excitement for life shines in her eyes. 


A small sampling of what people live in while here in the desert.


Lorne came by and ask for some help pulling wires, I was happy to help, getting to know him better as well. He is a happy fella, and tries hard to hide the fact that he knows much more than he pretends. Thanks Lorne, I enjoyed learning a number of things and using my brain. I am happy to help you anytime.




The sun will soon pop over the horizon.

It is shining on the mountains behind me already.


Eventually, except for Riley, we all joined up for happy hour. Lots of laughs and chatter could be heard across the desert I’m sure. Once again darkness and the nightly chill drove us all home.  It was another good day here in the desert. Thanks for stopping by.


Until next time….


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



14 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of that battery stuff. It's way too complicated for me. Even if I figured out what the problem was, I could never fix it. Thank goodness for good neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a quiet Sunday. Those are often my favorite days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice the way your little community comes together to assist and enjoy each others company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbours are super nice to help me, and I appreciate it more than I can say. They have kept me sane!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. We definitely have some wonderful neighbors in this spot. I have noticed more rigs pulling in every day; it is amazing how many different types of rigs people choose to travel in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have great neighbours in our little spot.
      I’m always amazed at the diversity in our homes!

      Deb

      Delete
  5. I like quiet days too but still enjoy having things to pull me/us away from home, like puzzles and pool. Making friends and enjoying those we have is part of the joy of this lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Friends are as important as family in our winter travels. In fact they sort of step into those shoes for a short time.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s going to be hard to leave 😢 (Sue)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs. I know Mz Sue, but you can stay as long as you like. Of course there is the possibility of making meet up plans for the future!

      Deb

      Delete