Monday, February 5, 2018

A recharge kind of day....



Our Location: Just outside Borrego Springs, California

I slept well last night and found myself awake around 5 am which is fine since soon we'll be heading east and the time zone will make a difference. 

This morning as the sun was getting set to rise in the east....This was going on in the barely western sky....

Outside I snapped some sunrise pictures and managed to get a few really neat shots when I changed the lens on the camera. Truth, I had forgotten about the other lens in the bag since we don't carry the bag often. So it was interesting playing with it for a bit. I think I'll use it for a couple of days to see if I like it better for sunrise/set pictures. 


Back inside I started opening windows and shades etc. We decided over our hot drink we would rest up from yesterday's long day. Truly a good idea since we're going to be pretty busy for the rest of our stay here. 


The moon during sunrise this morning...

So today's post will be basically nothing, since that's what we did, nothing. We napped, we snacked, we read, and did a bit of research as well. We've decided that by the weekend we'll be heading east again. Out of the extreme heat. I love the heat but this is very energy sapping and not enjoyable for us.

That's Borrego Springs off in the distance....

We're debating about returning to Joshua Tree for a few days as the higher elevation is a bit cooler, or perhaps to Quartzsite again for a bit. Although I'm not really sure that would be much cooler either. So we're going to give it some thought before we hook up but we know we'll be leaving here by the weekend. 

The mountains are almost near enough to touch...

Congrats to Doug at Miss Adventure Travels  on his super bowl winners yesterday. I know he had the Eagles in his pool. Condolences to the losing Patriots fans. 

We took the trail in the middle, much steeper than it looks in the picture....

 As the air cooled off tonight I enjoyed sitting outside and Riley came out for a few minutes as well. However the sunset was a quick event with few photo opportunities, but we'll just have to make due, won't we? 

Very captivating, don't you think? Beckons one, inviting one to step foot on it's ever changing landscape....

So as you can see nothing exciting today, a day of rest and relaxation. I spent a great deal of time reading my book and I hope to finish it tomorrow. It will be my second Robert Ludlum book in the past week. He was a fantastic author if you like international intrigue, a bit hard to follow at times but I always feel well worth the effort. The book cupboard is getting bare as we're soon going to be out of books. Riley won't mind much but I do. I'll have to find an exchange somewhere and get some new stuff. 

So different in colour.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you had an excellent day whatever you might have been doing. Feel free to leave a comment, I read them all. 

The stone snake is up there .....

Until next time... take care, be safe, 



Good night from Borrego Springs....

Deb



12 comments:

  1. Looks like that lens is a good choice. Nice shots!
    I'm gonna try one of those lazy days soon, but even on your lazy days it looks like you got a lot done.
    George posted the weather forcast for the next five days for here in Quartzite. Definately not cool, but we'd love to have you in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the second lens but I think I'll go back to the first one, it's a better all around lens but I'll switch from back from time to time I think.

      Nothing like a lazy day. Haha....when I say we didn't do anything I mean nothing, we just hung out and rested.

      We're still figuring out where we want to go and so we'll have to see just where we end up. Nothing like jello plans. I love 'em.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Relaxing days are wonderful, we are good at that. Heading east to some higher elevations will be cooler. We not ready for that yet, still loving the heat.Some nice spots where Al and Kelly are, we drive through there last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think we need more relaxing days. We need to pace ourselves better. However the heat makes it hard to get out and walk and we like doing that.

      We're still debating where we want to go and so we're going to just point the Big Dog's nose east and see where it stops.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Sometimes we all need a nice relaxing day and it's good for you! Now your batteries are recharged for a new adventure..haha. Beautiful pictures Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley.

      Yeah we all need to recharge and I like those days although some times it makes me feel lazy. I like to do something, even if it isn't much, it's something but once I get to feeling lazy I don't want to do anything. Hahaha....I have no in between I guess.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Relaxing with a good book is my kind of day! I am off to Alamo Lake State Park in a week hoping for a "relaxing" few days there. I babysit my 3 year old grandson and 4 month old granddaughter so need the RELAXING time to recharge. I enjoy following along on your blog, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to A Long and Lonesome Highway Gail. Glad to have you along.

      Wow, that is busy and I can definitely understand the need to recharge. I'll have to research Alamo State Park I don't think I've heard of it.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Just read your last two posts, one busy, one relaxing, and they both sound like really good days. I sometimes think the "recharge" days are the best type of days. Great pictures even through the "windshield". I especially liked your morning sunrise and moon shots. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy is good, resting is good, but I like the in between, some busy, some resting. It's the perfect kind of day for me.

      I cleaned the windshield but the bugs down there in that area made a mess of clean glass.

      Thanks, I've been experimenting again and I like it but I think I'll go back to the other lens. More versatile.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Thanks Deb. I won $140! Time to gamble.😋

    Beautiful pictures with the different lens. I look at those pretty mountains and think the same thing. Wouldn't it be neat to be a bird?

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Doug. I thought you already had gambled!

      Thanks, I liked the difference but not enough to carry the camera bag every where I go. I would love to be a bird or at least have the ability to soar on the winds.

      Thanks, you as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete