Sunday, February 26, 2023

Shopping in Parker today....

 

 

Our Location: 

 Road Runner BLM, Quartzsite, Arizona

 

It rained last night and this morning our temperatures were in the high mid 40's but with sunny skies and almost no wind. A beautiful day followed! A walk this morning showed off a few puddles, a brief chat with Doug and Riley and I headed off to Parker for some groceries. The fridge was looking a little sparse and so it was time to get some food. I had trouble with my debit card at Walmart. I need to call the bank tomorrow.

 

I think this fella has had a rough time.

This flower was all alone and I thought perfectly posed.
 

Back home shortly after noon, did a bit of work to our new heater, installing handles and a couple of hooks to store the hose. Happy hour around 3:30 pm and before long we all headed home due to the crispness of the air. 

 

The saguaros are plentiful here on the desert floor.

It looks like that one was cut off at the top.

 

Chatted with my dad, more blowing and drifting snow today. The path between his house and my brother's house was full from the blowing, he was guessing at least a foot high. Ah the joys of winter! 

 

I never tire of seeing them.

We had lunch here at Don's Cactus Bar, I think I called it a cafe. It's in Salome.

 
I don't know who she was but she danced here.


I hope you all had an enjoyable day doing whatever it is you wanted to do, or had to do. Tonight's photos are the last of our Jeep ride in the Eagle Eye Road area. 

 

Until next time....

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

13 comments:

  1. I didn't see that wall. Very interesting. I was surprised that a seven year old frog couldn't swim. Glad it turned out to be a pleasant day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an Arizona frog, a tree frog maybe. I’m glad the day was filled with good weather. The wall was across the road from Don’s Cactus Bar.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing it wasn't the Salome from the Bible who danced there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could all go up and ask next time. Of course if we all swayed our hips and shuffled our feet we ladies could the SHE! Lol. Would that make us famous, infamous, silly, mysterious, or smart?

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Bank card problems are so frustrating. I hope you get them worked out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If you were in the area you could give us a loan. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. It happened somewhere else in Q as well, but I don’t remember where. Riley’s worked fine though but thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious as to who "she" was too! Interesting about your debit card..How was the food at Don's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She shall remain nameless I suppose. It could be a quote, as the comment about the swimming frog is also on the wall. The food was good, nothing special but good.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Grace Salome Pratt. Her husband was one of 3 men that "founded" the town. In 1904 she got out of the car barefoot. Her feet were burning so she was "dancing around". I always wondered why the town was named Salome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. We now know. Salome sounds better than Pratt as a town name, and before the dancing lady was a Pratt she was a Salome.

      Deb

      Delete