Friday, February 17, 2023

A better day today....

 

 

Our Location: 

Road Runner BLM, Quartzsite, Arizona

 

Again this morning we were at the freezing mark but the day did warm up to around the 60F/15C with a breeze kicking up now and then but it was a nicer day than the last few have been. Tomorrow is supposed to be better still. We shall see how it goes. 

 

We stopped at some of the vendors along Kuewn Street.



It's very empty.

 

This morning Riley and I decided we needed to do something and so we climbed into the Dogsled and headed into town. Our first stop was RV Lifestyles to make an appointment for later next week and to get a tank filled with propane. After that we managed to stop in a few other spots to check out a few things, we managed to find a loaf of bread and soon we were heading back down the US/AZ 95 but we didn't stop at Road Runner. Instead we kept going to check out a few places we might like to camp in the future years. We also checked out some more of the Road Runner LTVA area before coming home. 

 


I love this grouping of saguaros.

Those are part of the Kofa Mountains back there.

 

After lunch I hauled myself out for a bit of a walk, my first in a long time. I didn't go very far or very fast but I did get moving. It wasn't too bad sitting outside for happy hour but I came home long before the sun set as I could feel the cold seeping around my blanket and my left knee wasn't impressed. I'm truly hoping for warmer drier days ahead, it's been the dampest and coldest year we've spent out here. 

 

These are also part of the Kofa's.

Back at Road Runner LTVA area.

 

Chatted with my dad, they had snow yesterday. He and my brother Rick are almost finished cutting wood and hauling it home. Later in the spring Dad will split it all. It sounds as though some of the Maple Sugar operations are starting to get their lines ready and the trees tapped, they seem to feel that the warm weather will come quickly and they want to catch the first run. No tapping happening on the Dad's/Rick's farm yet. 

 

Three from one root.

The outside one is growing two arms.

A bit blurry but the this is the saguaro in the above two photos.


 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

Until next time.....

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Riley is feeling better and going out.
    Got a good laugh from the vendor selling Sun Dresses in the howling wind and every one outside bundled up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff, she improves a bit more each day and with the dust settling down I think she should be back to her regular self very soon.
      One day it will be warm enough to wear a sundress. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. You might have had a cooler and windier winter than you have been use to or wanted but you are still a lot better off than the rest of us way north of you. Hope it turns off nice for the rest of your stay. Vern in a lot colder Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true Vern, however it’s all relative. You expect it to be cold, windy and snowy when you stay in the north, but when you travel to an area that is normally much warmer with only a few days of cold in the mix, it seems much colder when the wind is making a windchill that would rival the temps back home. I do hope it warms up for you up there in Idaho.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed that what the weather predictors are predicting comes our way tomorrow. It would be nice to sit out and feel warm. I often wonder what keeps some of the Saguaros standing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t cross my fingers because I’m too cold and have my gloves on. I think the saguaros are frozen in place. Lol. Hopefully it gets warmer and stays a bit warmer as well. Nothing over the top just a few degrees so we can wear shorts and sit outside comfortably.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. The weather certainly has not been the best. We were hoping to come see you guys but now both Barb and I are hacking so we best stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could sit by your rig and we could sit by ours and talk in very raised voices. Lol. Get well soon friends.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. I guess we can't have perfect weather every year, but THIS year is just above and beyond BAD. Hopefully it warms up a tad in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t been here for two and this one is not nice, next year I think I’m due. Lol. It will warm up just as we all start heading east again but we will be in perpetual spring weather for at least 6 weeks heading home. We actually pass spring a number of times going home, colder, damper weather is usually the norm on the way back to Ontario.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping with the end of February, it will be the end of the cold. Glad you two got out and did some exploring. At least it is warm in the Dogsled. Today will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is hoping the nice weather is here to stay. I have decided to not look ahead at the weather, we can’t change it anyway.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. It's good to see you out and about. I love the pictures of the saguaros.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. Hopefully the warmer weather sticks around, the winds leave and the sun keeps blessing us with warmth. I too love the saguaros, they are majestic, even in death the appear to have a presence of peaceful, calm wisdom.

      Deb

      Delete