Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Not my usual type of post..


 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

A few things have transpired in the last few days and weeks that have my mind wandering down memory lane. Some good, some not so good. My good friend Deb mentioned that I often talk of Richard but there are no photos of him. Richard of course was my late husband. He is on my mind a great deal the last while and I do miss him a lot even though he has been gone for 17 years. I hear his laughter, see his smile and the twinkle in his eye. I wonder what he would he think of the things that are happening now, in the family and just in general. Would he like the views, the sunsets and sunrises, would he enjoy the taste of dust in the wind, meeting these crazy folks that we meet and how would he feel about leaving his grandsons behind for months on end. I would like to think I know the answers but the truth is, I don't but I can guess. Time does not heal all wounds but it does help soothe them on most days. 

 

My late husband Richard!  He was gone at 56.


Richard and his sister Janet were very alike but very different. They enjoyed a good argument but never parted angry. He was punctual and Janet is not. They both enjoyed golf, hockey and were competitive in many ways.They were good friends and often talked even though we lived hours apart. They enjoyed the same sense of humour and the laughter was always near the surface. Richard would have  been 74 this October and Janet just turned 65 a few weeks ago. I don't see Janet as often as I would like, time just doesn't seem to be on our side for that.   Janet, of course is the Janet I speak of visiting in Indian Wells, California. She and hubby Dennis own Buttercup Ridge in Ontario where Riley and I spend a few weeks coming from and going to the desert. 


Riley and her Aunt Janet., Richard's baby sister.


Life is short, we should live it to the fullest and just enjoy being! Enjoy your moments and don’t wish them away, too soon all that is left is memories, so make them while you can.

 

Thanks for stopping by. 

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. I'm sure if he would have been fine with whatever you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Richard was a very easy going guy who enjoyed life a great deal. I am sure he would have enjoyed the southwest very much.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Hang on to your memories. I agree with Lorne, Richard would be here with you. Thank you for sharing part of your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such an integral part of your past. It's nice to see Riley's dad and boy does she resemble him. ♥ Richard is with you and would be very proud of you both, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Yes Riley does resemble her dad and is like him in some ways. He is always with us, near but yet so far away.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Your post really resonates; lost my wife in 2017 so do understand & do find the reflections very similar.Thank you for sharing & all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for your loss. You are welcome. I find sometimes the sharing helps and yet other times not so much. Odd how life works.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. I liked your memories of your late husband. I'm sure he would have enjoyed the southwest as much as you and Riley have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he would have enjoyed it very much Al. I think he would have enjoyed the friendly folks we are meeting and have become friends with. I have no doubt they would have enjoyed his company just as much as he would enjoy theirs.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Your husband is with you every day. He knows what you are doing. He will always be in your heart. Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true Contessa and he lives on in our daughters.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Beautiful sentiments of your late husband, Richard. He is still with you through Riley and I'm sure he is proud of you and your strength to push forward and live your best life as if he were by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. He does live on in our girls and I see him often in Riley.

      Deb

      Delete