Friday, January 6, 2023

A visit with a fellow Canadian and a quiet day.....

 

Our Location:

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

A quiet day for us here at the Igloo. We managed to have a quick chat with Ivan (Roadtrip) this morning at his new location and he later came by for happy hour with the rest of the gang, Deb, Tom, Doug, Riley and I. As promised  Jan 5, sunrise and sunset graces the post tonight. I know a day late but worth the wait. 

 

Sunrise starting over the Cargo Muchacho Mountains.

Off toward Mexico in that direction.

It was a beautiful view.


The Stinger Bee had a great view of the sunrise.

 

 

A little colour over the Igloo as well.


The White Lion also had a wee touch of colour over head.

 


I realize that these photos often look like previous ones I've posted but I assure you they are all new ones. Since the mountains are the same and the sun rises in the same spot all the photos appear to be repeats but they truly aren't. The above photos were all taken with my iPad. I like the quality of the photo and am considering getting a small bag that I can carry my iPad in when I go for a walk. We shall see how it goes. 


Sunset on the same day as the sunrise photos above.

The White Lion and the Igloo bask in the glow of the setting sun.

I am standing next to the Stinger Bee taking these photos.





The moon over the Cargo Muchachos.

I love the colours in this one.

The Stinger Bee watching the moon.

Sunrises and sunsets in the desert are often times breathtaking as you can see. The photos never do the colours justice.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

 

Until next time....

 

Take care, be safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures, Deb. You are right, we just can't catch the brilliance of the actual colors, but they still dazzle. Enjoyed having Ivan join us this evening with his card tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed nice to chat with Ivan again. The colours are bedazzling and I could watch them every night.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures Deb! I never tire of seeing them! Sounds like a great Happy Hour with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, me either. It was a great happy hour with wonderful friends.

      Deb

      Delete