Monday, January 16, 2023

A very fun day………

 

Our Location:

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


With the windy conditions and cloudy skies we debated about going to Los Algodones this morning but the adventurous nature of the those involved said what the heck. So we left. Riley and I pulled in the slides before we left as the high winds were rattling the toppers. The ‘little black limousine’ showed up at the stroke of 10:30 am and we climbed in to be transported to our destination, parking lot behind Pilot Knob Mountain. Smooth sailing and soon we were strolling along saying,” thanks, no”, “no thanks I don’t need that today”, “I’m not here for a dentist or glasses”, “no I don’t need a pharmacy”. Deb was looking for something specific and although many of them tried, they didn’t have the magic one until we were close to leaving. They did however run to their other places of business thinking maybe they had something there. Most helpful but nada, no one did until the end. Lunch came upon us quickly and later more browsing before an adult beverage, a final couple of purchases and we were finished. 

Not a very promising looking start.




The line home wasn’t overly long and moved very quickly, we were across and headed to the car before we knew it. A quick detour for Deb to get something in town and home dirt welcomed us around 4:30 MST. The winds are still pretty noticeable and so we will keep the slides in. The dust in the air was very discernible as we were driving along but no major dust storm.


We had an adult beverage in there.

The table next to us….

It’s a big place with live music.

It was chilly.

Deb was in heavy negotiations…..


Happy birthday wishes to my good friend Ian up there in BC, Canada as he celebrates today. A very nice fella, hails from Britain and has been in Canada for a number of years. Happy Birthday Ian, I hope the day has been filled with all good things.


Blurry but I wanted to show what a crop looks like here in S. California.

They are definitely green.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.


Until next time….


Take care, stay safe,


Deb 



6 comments:

  1. I hate to say it but it looks like you are slowly falling in love with Mexico. What you are experiencing is what you would experience anywhere in Mexico. The people are fantastic and if you keep your nose clean there are very few problems. You should venture down the Baja a bit further and enjoy more Mexican culture!! Instead of walking across, bring the Dogsled and Igloo and keep driving. Lots of boondocking there. Simple as that. Glad you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy seeing and experiencing new cultures. The people are wonderfully welcoming and I think I would enjoy being immersed for a bit longer but only a bit, a few days maybe. The ocean no longer beckons me and I am enjoying the mountains here in the southwest. While I think Mexico would hold fascinating secrets for me, l also think it’s too far for me. However we will continue to enjoy the few little excursions in to Mexico and maybe even try a location different than this one. It reminds me of the DR and Cuba in some ways.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures in Los Aldogones. Glad you four had a great day even though the weather wasn't perfect. Hope the wind dies soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. We had a good day and hopefully the weather improves soon.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I just love all the friendly people and wonderful colors of Mexico. If I was closer, I'd be buying COATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not far away, about an hour or so from Q. A short drive for that big diesel, it will barely be warmed up. As they say over there in Los Algodones ,”it’s only money. And for you it’s almost free!” Lol

      Deb

      Delete