Thursday, April 19, 2018

Met Jake from KalTire today.....



Our Location: ONRoute, Port Hope, Ontario
 
(April 18, 2018 post)
 
A quick post today. We were up early, cold in Hamilton but the sun looked like it might shine for a while and that seemed to boost the temperature a bit. 
 
Search and rescue plane flying the shore line of Lake Ontario as we leave Hamilton.
 
We had a dentist appointment at 10:40 am where we once again managed to get a little chat time in with Marianne and Lisa. The lovely ladies at the front desk. Always a treat to see their smiling faces and sparkling eyes. Thanks ladies for all the giggles!! See you in the fall. 
 
Heading up the Burlington Skyway with Lake Ontario on the right. That lighthouse marks the entrance to the harbour where all the freighters go to load and unload their goodies. 

 From there we once again headed back to Walmart, hooked up and were heading off toward Roseneath, Ontario, about 100 miles/160 km farther east. Climbed onto the QEW, 427, then to the 401 where we continued on to the ONRoute located just WEST of Port Hope. Pulled in to check the tires as I didn't like the feel of the way it pulled. Found another spot that scared me so once again I decided to err on the side of safety. Called CAA, went through the whole crap thing again, finally they agreed to send KalTire from Peterborough to help us out. Wait time 3 to 4 hours, but ended up being 5 hours as they sent him to the WRONG ONRoute about 40 minutes PAST us, so he had to come back.  

Lake Ontario looks so very cold doesn't it?
 
Jake was fabulous. He discovered two leaky valve stems were the cause of today's issues. Neither he nor I can figure out why no one caught that at the other ONRoute or the Tire place in Hamilton. Jake and I had a bit of a discussion about what I should do. Since we will be sitting for the next couple of weeks I feel confident that I have time to make some reasonable plans without feeling pressured in a hurry up decision. So when we leave Buttercup Ridge will be heading through Peterborough on our way northwards and will stop at KalTire to have them replace 2 but probably 3 tires before we head out. I'll keep ya posted. 
 
Just past the Ford Plant in Oakville and topping the rise heading into Mississauga. That is a continuous skyline all around the top end of Lake Ontario as far as we can see. Off to the right but not in the picture is the CNN Tower in Toronto.

The night wasn't too bad, a bit chilly to begin but once under the covers we all  managed just fine. I even managed to get a couple of miles of walking in waiting for the service truck to arrive. Jake arrived just around 9 pm and left about 10:30 pm. So it was a bit cool standing outside but not too bad. 
 
We have reached Etobicoke but not Toronto yet...lots of traffic and it's right around 1 pm, long time before evening rush hour. Toronto is just busy all the time now.
 
So there you have it, we were less than an hour from out destination but didn't want to arrive in the dark and I think we made the best choice. 
 
Kind of quiet here on this part of the route, not much snow here.
 
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the visit. Feel free to comment if you like, or not. Either one is fine. 
 
Heading along on the 427 North we pass close to Toronto's Pearson International Airport. Lots of planes.
 
Until next time... take care, be safe
 
I can see those folks all shivering up there as they come home from the sunny, warm south.
 
Deb
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice that you got those tires checked and hope you get them taken care of at your next stop. Too bad you had to wait so long. And CAA is not better at good road service. We have had good luck with Good Sam just a thought, may worth you checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. I'm seriously considering a switch to something else. I've not used them for so long that I can't honestly remember if service has always been bad or just this issue has caused bad service. I'll be checking in to that as time moves forward.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. No wonder when I complain about traffic and you say you don't see it, I get that now haha..Wow..Glad you made it to Buttercup Ridge! Can't wait to see pics of it there! Those darn tires! Glad you have sense enough to know when it doesn't feel right! Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I try hard to use my sense,some times it works, some times, not so much. LOL

      Toronto is always ugly for traffic but I just mind my business, stay in my lane and keep going. They don't bother me, I don't run over them. Makes perfect sense to me.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete