Saturday, December 9, 2023

A longer walk …..

 


Our Location:

Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


A beautiful day, lots of sunshine, no clouds, but the beginning of some windy days and nights. As I type this the toppers are rattling in the wind. Not quite  enough to pull them in yet but it is a thought that is crossing my mind more and more. It is of course 3 AM and it seems the gusts are getting a bit closer together but we shall see.

The power lines are approximately 1.6 miles from us as I angled for the mountains.

The desert is not all sand, and one finds many things on the desert floor.

It was a quiet day here, my morning walk was a bit longer than usual and ended at a very deep wash that I didn’t feel like trying to cross, so I turned around instead. Lots of steps, a few pics and hopefully a bit of a memory boost.

Some of the Ocotillos are starting to show some green.

I turned around here. I didn’t bother to look for a way across.

A chat with dad, the snow they had is melting and while it may hang around in the bush the open areas are becoming bare again. Ah winter on the Island, it always takes its time trying to decide when to come, stay and leave.

The sunrise as I headed home.


Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you all had an excellent day!


Until next time…..


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



10 comments:

  1. I imagine walking that familiar ground is like visiting an old friend you have not seen it quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very much like that, and enjoying the renewed acquaintance.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I do love seeing how the desert changes from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! So happy you are enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We hope to enjoy spending some time with you folks this winter!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. A nice long walk. Somehow we just know when to turn around. Nice sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to take a walk in the desert. Always changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I need to get some walking in so I can remember the paths and bypass some of the bigger washes.

      Deb

      Delete