Monday, March 6, 2023

We are back on Ogilby Road....

 

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

We had a nice night, with very nice morning temperatures but today was moving day for Riley and I. We were all ready to go by around 8 am this morning. Hugs and see you laters with Tom and Deb finished we were pulling out at 8:10 am. I know because I looked at the clock. 


The mountains are ever watchful as we pass.

US/AZ 95, clear, sunny and a few little clouds to help break up the blue.

 

We decided a few days ago to come back to Yuma for a few reasons, one of them being it's less damp and cold here. Yes I know it's warming up everywhere but the dampness in Q is bothersome for me. I'm hoping Yuma proves to be drier. If not, at least it's going to be toasty warm. 

 

The desert is anything but brown.

The hues vary greatly but the greens are everywhere.

 

An uneventful trip, the kind we like. We were pulling out of the Chevron dump site near Pilot Knob LTVA  shortly after 10 am MST, with about 8 or 9 miles to go until we hit our home dirt.  A good steady ride and we are happy once again to be parked where we were last time. The other three sites were taken and so we are happy with this one. I called Dad, and texted our friends to let them know we've arrived safe and sound. 

 

The Fortuna Foothills.

The Proving Grounds.

 

We were all set up, inside and out by noon. That's pretty good for us. The area is busier than I expected but it's still not very busy. I'm sure we will enjoy our time here. A note for those that commented on the magnetic knife holder, for this trip we left everything, (strainer, grater, 3 sets of tongs) except the sharp knives on the strip to see how they would fair. Happy to report, nothing moved at all. We will next try some table knives, forks and spoons to see if they stay and if they do we will try the sharp bladed knives. It's just that we don't want to find a sharp knife sticking out of something, like the floor, when we pull in! So we shall take baby steps. 

 

Some California growing happening here.

I love the straight lines. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and a level!

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've all had a wonderful day. 

 

Until next time.....

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Nice to see the clearing sky as you return to familiar areas. Continued safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went smoothly and very quickly too. Great shot of the big guns. I'm hoping the dampness goes with the warmer weather and you are able to get out and enjoy the area 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As am I hoping the sun helps with the dampness, it will certainly help with the cold. We are enjoying YOUR last spot here.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Always nice to have an uneventful trip they are the best. It is very empty back here in the Roadrunner neighborhood. What luck to get a picture of the "Big Guns" at the road to the Proving Grounds without cars parked all around them. Enjoy your spot with that wonderful view of the Cargo Muchacho Mountains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very odd to have no one nearby, we miss folks already. Lol. Riley snapped the guns on the fly, we didn’t stop and I agree she was lucky.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. It's going to take some time for the desert to dry out again. It's amazing just how damp it can feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would do quickly, it has been a damp year.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. The first thing I was wondering was why you moved. Then you answered it for me! Hopefully that climate works out better for you and you enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping with the heat it may be less damp here, it was way back when we first arrived in the fall, even after all the rain. I’m hoping all the surrounding sand sucks up the water.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Glad you arrived safely with nothing unexpected to delay your morning trip. Not even magnetic things falling off. Good to know, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure we all have that thought of things that could go wrong and breath a big sigh when they don’t. Lol. Our next journey will have us putting some regular knives, forks and spoons on there to ensure they will stay. They are much heavier than the things we left on for this trip. Also this trip was pretty smooth, not a lot of shaking like on some trips. I would rather try a few things out that aren’t sharp enough to be stabbed into the floor and swaying back and forth when we finally open the door. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. The warmth will be good for you both I am sure! always interesting to see where friends end up moving to :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good time to return...80 to 85 starting on Thursday. I told Jerry we might have to use the AC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not the AC. I’m looking forward to some heat, I’ve been shivering long enough! Lol.

      Deb

      Delete