Monday, February 3, 2020

Easy moving day...



Our Location: Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, AZ
 
We awoke this morning to dead calm, no wind of any kind. The sky was filled with fog/haze and the sun was hard to see for a while. We pulled out of our spot and headed for AZ at 7:45 AM.
 
 
 

 Very hazy over the KOFA Mountains this morning.


 

We met Doug & Yuma of Miss Adventure Travels at the rest area on I 10 East between Quartzsite and Tonopah. From there they followed us to our current location. It's one we've stayed in before and have enjoyed. 
 
 
 This guy was floating slowly over the Saddle Mountain area this morning as we were setting up on our home dirt as George would say. 

 
The wind has been steadily increasing all day and as I write this post we have the big slide pulled in and are going to keep it in as the winds are supposed to continue overnight and into tomorrow. 
 

 What a difference colour makes.
  

I have a few plans for tomorrow but I'll fill you in on those tomorrow or at least whenever my next post will be. Before settling in here we travelled to Saddle Mountain Vista Ranch where we dumped and took on some water, also emptied some garbage. It is about 5 or 6 miles from our location and convenient. 
 
 
This guy is still standing and I thought he was finished last year when we were here. 
 
 
A bit of a gathering this afternoon at the Igloo, as it blocked some of the wind but after an hour or so Doug & Yuma went home and Riley & I came inside. The temps are frosty here, only 56F/13.3 C but with the wind it doesn't feel very warm.  Not getting any warmer either, brrr.


 The mountains out behind and to the right of the Igloo. Can you see the face?




Can you see it now?

 
I called dad to tell him we  made it, but instead told his answering machine. He'll be happy now, we have full bars on the phone. 
 
 
 Miss Adventure, Doug, Yuma and the little Silver Jeep, just across the courtyard from us.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all had a wonderful day. 
 
Until next time.. take care, be safe, 
 
Deb




16 comments:

  1. Glad you have such a big yard Deb. If the White Lion follows US home tomorrow it's going to get a little crowded. :)) can't wait for tomorrow to get here but I'm also anxious to get this thing over with. Thanks for letting us stay at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..... always lots of room for friends. I'm glad your still excited after all the ups and downs with this rig. I think there have been so many issues that your stress level is high but soon things will settle down.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I laughed at your 'frosty' adjective for 56F/13.3C and I'm sure those back home did too. They'd take it in a heartbeat. The winds sure do make a day feel cooler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparatively speaking to the day before 56 was frosty. Haha. I have no doubt the folks back home are laughing at me and thinking I'm not longer a Norther and a wimp to boot. A little cool weather I turn tail and hide. Haha

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Glad to read you made it to your new spot safe and sound. The wind started here last night and lasted most of the day as I write this it finally sounds like the wind has quieted down. Once you see the face it is hard not to. Liked your pictures of the cacti yesterday and today's pictures of the Kofa Mountains. Enjoy your time at Saddle Mountain. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. We are always careful and don't hurry. The wind has died down here and only occasionally ruffles the toppers. We'll take it happily. I always see the face, every year. It just seems so plain to me. Glad you liked the photos.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping the weather clears up soon. I could use some warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm is always nice. Hot, not so much but warm makes the everything work better.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. I think it's wonderful how good friends you and Doug are :) Today will be very exciting for him and glad you will be with him and Riley will be home with Yuma..thinking he will enjoy the extra spoiling! Beautiful pictures once again! Such a great spot you are at! 6 degrees here this am..brrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We met Doug & Yuma on our first trip out here to the southwest and we just hit it off. I'm excited for him and I know he'll enjoy things once every thing is accomplished and stuff starts to settle down. Yuma loves Riley and they had a great time.
      Okay, you win, it's definitely cold at your place. Haha

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. From all my time at Saddle Mountain, I never saw that face before. Now you have done it, I am going to have to stop on my way back east to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, you've never seen it? Wow, I noticed the first year here and it just jumps out at me each time. I can't see the mountain without seeing the face, it almost takes away from the mountain. Haha.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Glad you are having so much fun!! Hope the White Lion likes dogs!!! Keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having fun, and I think it's safe to say that the White Lion will love Yuma. He's a charmer.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Sure hope the wind drops. You just can't seem to get away from it.
    Hope you enjoy Saddle Mountain. It's a nice area. I know you have camped there often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up on a rock in the middle of Georgian Bay, in the middle of Lake Huron, so the wind isn't something new, however desert wind is a lot different. It comes and goes and of course we all know that eventually it will pass but it's so much nicer when it's gone. haha
      We love Saddle Mountain but the flies are becoming a real issue in this area. So many folks are complaining and commenting. I think this may be our last year here if it continues.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete