Friday, February 28, 2020

A wonderful day...




Our Location: Empire Ranch, Vail, AZ
 
Don't you just love quiet days? We had a wonderfully quiet day with a fantastic visit in the afternoon. It made a perfect day, just more perfect. Friends Deb & Tom ( Celebrating the Dance) dropped by for a while around 2 and before we knew it the clock was hitting close to 6 pm when I came in after watching them make their way back to the main road. The time slipped past without any effort. Laughter, chatter, and travel plans filled the time easily.  We didn't take a single photo, we were just too busy.
 
 
 Sorry for the reflections, but I love the view and it changes often with the light and I simply snap the photo from my chair instead of putting on my shoes and going outside, so I get a reflection. 

 Mounds are over there. 

Those folks parked in the turn around loop. 
 
A visitor ( I didn't get his name) pulled his little Outback right up beside the Igloo yesterday afternoon and begins to tell me that we may have to move due to a Youth Shoot on Saturday. I finally picked out the facts that he has no idea if we have to move, or if we can park by the ranch house for one day, and in fact, I'm not sure he really knew much of anything except that there is a shoot here on Saturday. Bird shoot. The fella was nice enough, and explained that he brought his dog Princess out for a quick peek at the location. The man is not a spring rooster by any means and when he called it a Youth Shoot, I assumed that to mean young folks. I asked if he was one of the organizers and his reply,"No one of the participants." It should be interesting. 
 
 


I am pretty certain that is snow up there. 
 
Riley and I are debating about staying here due to the cool crisp air and the fact that snow showers or snow may be in the forecast for Monday with another cool day on Tuesday. We may take the Dogsled and do a run back to Why just to check out the cell service again and to get us into a bit warmer climes. However we are just thinking about it at this point. 
 
 
 These guys have been out here on two different days. I think they are practicing for the Saturday shoot as well. Maybe I misunderstood the gentleman and it's not a 'youth' shoot but something else because these fellas aren't youths either. 

 This fella went out twice without his friend and the dog. I think he was putting birds out. When he returned the two men and the dog along with a shotgun went off in the direction he'd just returned from. Soon we'd hear the gun and a few minutes later we'd hear it again, and before long they were returning. 

 Orange vest has the shot gun. 
 
I called Dad last night. Seems the flu is going around up there on the big rock and  places like hospitals, nursing homes, etc aren't allowing folks to come visit the residents as they are trying to keep the flu under control. Like Al & Kelly ( The Bayfield Bunch) over there in that Bayfield place,  the island is also in the middle of a big storm. Strong winds, blowing, drifting snow and all that good stuff that the north gets during the cold months. 
 
 

Sunset last night. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you had a wonderful day. 
 
Until next time... take care, be safe, 
 
Deb
 
  

12 comments:

  1. Another couple of wonderful days visiting with Tom and Deb then enjoying the area.
    I might consider relocating camp if there is a Shoot taking place nearby.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the wonderful weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always wonderful to visit with good friends and Tom & Deb are certainly easy folks to spend time with.
      The shoot is an interesting idea, and we debated about relocating.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Too bad it's so cool there. I love the Whetstones Mountains and the Mustang Mountains to the East. Beautiful colors. Hope you head to Why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think pretty much every where will have a bit of a dip in temps for a day or two and since we're tough, we'll manage. Haha. We have discussed Why a few times but nothing has really come from our discussions so I think we'll just play it by ear.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. One wonders , do you hope their good shots or bad shots . Maybe you should just shoot on down the road . After all "WHY" not ( as you can tell a slow night in Boise , Vern )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.... you made me chuckle again Vern. We did indeed debate staying, going and waiting to see what happens. We waited. I'll let you know the outcome in the my next post.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. I would hope they would be smart enough to not shoot in your direction. Might be better to hit the road. I've come down with the cold everyone else has had, so there will be no visit for me. No need in passing it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the cold but hopefully it's a quick, easy one and that it passes shortly. We are still alive with no holes, but we now have a lot of neighbours. I wonder why.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to have had a nice visit once again with Tom and Deb. How the conversation flowed I can imagine. We both said yesterday that we are looking forward to down the road when we can really visit with you two! I'm sue you'll make the right decision regarding the 'youth shoot" LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy to spend more time with Deb & Tom, always lots of fun, easy conversations. Riley and I were just talking about how much we look forward to spending some time with you and Ken. I have no doubt we'll have lots of laughs and fun too.
      We have no holes, the Igloo has no holes and the Dogsled is also without holes. I think we consider that to be on the plus side of things. Haha.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. It was a wonderful day sitting and chatting and the views are so wonderful. I do believe you are right about the snow on the mountains just hope it does not come down any closer. The one thing I always enjoy when we are sitting out where you can see forever is how the light as the sun moves across the sky keeps changing the view. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too enjoyed the visit a great deal. That mountain over there changes from minute to minute sometimes with the light. Even the grass changes with light and dark. It is always a never ending changing view. I can sit and watch it with no problem.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete