Sunday, January 19, 2020

Last of the photos....



Our Location: Truckhaven BLM, Salton City, CA

I'm still sharing photos from my morning walk a few days ago. 







 One of the things I've found consistent over the last few years is the odd colours I see here in the desert. They splash here and there in various photos and when you look with the naked eye, they don't appear to be as visible but they are there when you look at the photo later in the day. 









 We've been reading about our friends visiting the big tent which is open now and so we will wander our way over in that direction around mid week to check out the wonders that are there. We are looking for a good price on a particular item and will see what we find. 










 Doug, Yuma and I took an early morning walk this morning, coming home at just around the 3 mile mark. I'm sure Doug (Miss Adventure Travels) will be sharing his photos with you folks today. I didn't take more than a couple but I'll not be showing them today. 






One of the many things I'm always amazed at is the different types of 'ground cover' that is in the desert. Not ground cover as in keeping the dust down or something you don't have to mow. All of these different rocks/stones were present (along with a lot of others as well) on my walk the other day. Keep in mind I walked only a short distance of a bit over 3 miles ROUND trip. 




 


 

 I am trying out a new photo program and trying to decide if I like it or not.









 This fella was looking for a way down and I don't know if he ever found one or if he went back the way he came up. 




Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the last of my photos from a few days ago. I know it's early in the day to be posting this blog post but I wanted to get it finished so I can relax and enjoy the evening. 



 This fella and his buddy were enjoying the wash a great deal. His buddy was going round and round a large pillar of sand just having a great time.



 I am almost back home now.



I was back there not quite to the whitish sand you can see to the middle right of the photo. 

Until next time... take care, be safe, 

Deb  

8 comments:

  1. I like the changes in your pictures. They look crisp. Thanks for showing me the wash arches and for my 3 mile fallen arches. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I tried to get you to turn around! Haha

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Mother Nature sure is amazing in her creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured all the colors of the desert so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb but truly I just point and shoot, the desert does the rest.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Great Pictures as always even if you are trying a new program.
    Don't forget to look at the Vendors over on Kuhn Road where you might get better deals then in the Big Tent. You'll probably get Five Miles of walking that day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. I'm not sure we'll spend a great deal of time in Q this year, maybe just one quick trip to the tent and we'll be moving off. However walking is always good.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete