Saturday, January 11, 2020

A resting day....




Our Location: Truckhaven BLM, Salton City, CA



A coolish night but I slept well, it seems I was very tired. I didn't hear a sound until the sky was light and the sun was starting to peek over the horizon. It has been a quiet day here and I'll leave you with photos taken out the window as it was a bit on the coolish side for us today. 


 A bit more of a close up of the mountains out our dining room window.



 They change colour with the sun's rays and the shadows the sun casts, the time of day and the haze in the air.




 Stunning, isn't it?



 So different depending on time of day.



 I'm sure this guy was very good but he spent a great deal of his time that we could see him teaching his friend or younger sibling to ride a quad. You could tell from the way he rode that he had a great deal of experience. He reminds me of my nephew Jason. I was hoping to see him strut his stuff so to speak but I never did see it.



 The buggy was full and this little guy was riding behind. He did well, I think he would be about 9 or 10 maybe. The two in the back of the buggy were smaller than him.



 You can barely see the roof of the one down in the wash. He seemed to be stuck down there and we could hear the revving of the engine as this guy looked on. Before long they were both sitting up there side by side.




 I'm pretty sure this is father and son, they rode up that hill just about 5 minutes before this photo. The little guy did very well and stayed upright the entire time. He was pretty sure of himself as he started up but you could see him hesitate as he hit a rough patch. However like I said he made it just fine.



 However in the photo above you can see that coming down was going to be a whole other thing. We could hear him crying and saying No, no, no. We could hear the father's calm voice but the little guy wasn't going to have any of it. I wondered if he had perhaps had a spill while up on the top but I don't know that.


 Finally Dad had no choice but to take the smaller bike down, it was a bumpy ride for him and the little guy walked down behind him.



 We could hear Dad giving him some instructions about waiting and the little guy sat and waited very patiently while Dad had to walk back up the hill to fetch his own ride.



He seemed less confident even down on the flat which makes me think he spilled it on the flat top up there. Dad was soon down and leading the way once again. 


 He followed along at a pretty good speed and seemed to be happy to be heading back toward home.



 These folks seemed to be doing some kind of repair or off loading, they were quite a while behind the dune before they pulled out leaving that quad upended as they moved. They came back again pretty quickly which makes me think they needed to fetch something from where ever they are parked.



 It was much darker when I took this photo but I lightened it a bit so you could see the colourful whip aerial. This one came with the upended quad above. 



 Blurry but it's dark outside or getting dark and two jeeps were heading back toward the main road after coming up out of the wash. 



We spent some time cleaning and cooking today before just resting. The last few days have been kind of busy for us and we both wanted to sit and watch out the window or read, which is what we did. 


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your Saturday. 

Until next time... take care, be safe, 


Deb


 

12 comments:

  1. Thornton mountains are very pretty in the sunlight. I didn't know they made motorized bikes small enough for that toddler, but I guess they do. I pretty much just rested today myself after that long hike yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seen one with training wheels last year when we visited Ocotillo Wells. The little guy was doing well but the hill was daunting, I think he did the wise thing.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Poor little guy ... and he is rather little to be riding a two-wheel bike in that terrain. Up is always easier than down. GREAT pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. He was little and for the most part he looked like he was game but I think it was a good thing to not ride down the hill on his own. He did well going up.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I love your relaxing day and your free entertainment. It's amazing how young these kids start out on that little motorcycle. Sounds like daddy had lots of patience too cute. Loved all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy entertaining and we are at a cross roads of such and so we get to see the weekenders out enjoying their time. I'm surprised at the balance they have so young and it seems to me sometimes they have to curb the parents expectations. I think going up the hill was an amazing accomplishment and I don't know if I'd of wanted to come down on two wheels.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scenery and free entertainment. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Scenery and Entertainment.
    Our grandson had a small bike similar to that one and like the little one had no problems on the flat or climbing but took more time learning to come downhill.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the relaxing.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, beautiful scenery and entertainment at the same time.
      I think all things are scarier coming down than going up, even walking.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. I laughed when I saw the photo of the dad on the small bike. Little ones can be quite stubborn and I'm sure if he'd taken a spill he wasn't about to try it again.

    What a view you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched out the window and the dad actually fell over when he first got on, it was a bit funny but he did really well once he got going. The little one wasn't going to do it, you could just tell. Nothing Dad said was going to work.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete