Thursday, November 28, 2019

A quiet day yesterday.....




Our Location: American Girl Mine Road, BLM, California


A day late again, it's getting to be a habit. Oh well, better late than never I think. 

Yesterday we were up and about by 7:30 AM and both of us enjoying the warmth of the early morning. Not cold at all, in the mid 50's /12 C or close enough. The sun wasn't really shining but we could see it's evidence here and there. 

 
Outside our door. Someone went to a lot of work to make this spot so nice.

Riley offered to defrost the fridge and freezer while I made a garbage and drinking water run. We agreed to get these chores out of the way before the day was too far along. So off I went to the rest area to the west of us to drop some garbage and then back to the Chevron at Pilot Knob for some drinking water. A very long line at the dump station there with at least a half dozen rigs in the line. 


Reminds me of the pole in Mash. They are getting faded but they have mileage and arrows on them.

Back home I settled down to do a few little chores and just to rest a bit more from my long driving days. I'm slowly working this kink from hip and soon I hope to be going on my daily walks again. 


This Ocotillo is just out our window. Starting to green up nicely.


We enjoyed a lunch of Stuffed Green Bell Peppers and after cleaning up decided to sit down and watch a little tv. 


Someone told me light under the truck will help keep the Kangaroo Rats away from the wires.

Evening found me chatting with a lot of folks, Dad, Courtney, Bradey, SIL Janet, and Aunt Shirley. Always nice to catch up with everyone. 


This is the wash beside us and today's rain will come through here.


A very happy THANKSGIVING DAY to all of our US friends. May the bird be big, may your family be near and may the love and laughter surround you with good memories and the feeling of being cherished and love the whole year through, not just on this one day. 

 
A baby Ocotillo in the garden out our door.
 
We are expecting some rain today and some high winds and have stored things away in preparation for the afternoon weather festivities. Be safe to all that are in the path of any of these holiday storms. 

 
Riley using our magnet to check for any nails near the fire pit.

Our condolences to son in law Matt and his family on the passing of his grandfather yesterday.

 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 

Until next time.. take care, be safe, 

Deb


 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! I like the solar light idea. I hope I can remember it when we are in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sue and company.
      I also have a solar rope light that flashes that I used last year. I'm trying to find which one is easier. I think the rope lights are easier, I can just pull them and they come out and using the truck is easy. Putting them back is a pain as you have to string them completely under. At least with individual lights I toss them under and away from the wheels I can drive away and pick them up to toss under again but not too far or they won't charge. It taxes my brain to think of this stuff. Hahaha

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Riley. Have a relaxing day. I've never seen a kangaroo rat, but I do have lots of chipmunks right here at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug. I hope you and all your loved ones had a terrific day as well. I've never had any troubles with the rats yet either but it's a precaution. Chipmunks and squirrels I do have experience with and know nothing that stops them.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Thank you, for the Thanksgiving Wishes.
    The same storm is predicted to head here, also. Fingers crossed they are wrong for your area and ours.
    I am jealous an Ocotillo turning green and a baby one right near by...LOL...enjoy. We have Saguaros where we are parked but no Ocotillos. Stay safe and hello to Riley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and Tom as well.
      The storm hasn't really arrived and it may not but who knows, if the weather folks are right we are almost past the time it is to arrive anyway. Not much we can do but sit tight and wait it out. It truly hasn't been bad here at all. Some gusty winds and few splashes of rain. The dust was the biggest thing, can't open the windows or vents and it gets hot inside.
      Trade you an Ocotillo for a Saguaro!!

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. It was taken on an early morning in our summer location, I want to say it was September or October but I'm not positive.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete