Friday, November 30, 2018

A quiet day......






Our Location:  Quail Ridge Rv Park, Hauchua City, Arizona


(Thursday, Nov 29, 2018 Post)

Another quiet night except for the engine brake around 4 AM  and sirens around 6 AM seemed to go on for a while but I was already awake. I enjoyed a hot drink and a bit of reading before I headed to the office to ask about the card machine in the laundry room. The woman at the desk wasn’t very helpful but did mention that quarters also worked. I hadn’t noticed nor remembered the coin slots. They aren’t the slide kind on the washers, just drop in like the dryers. 

My hand against the leaf of one of the big cactus here, and the wind is always blowing here.

Back home Riley and I decided to head out for a walk but stopped at the office for change for the laundry. We noticed a number of movies and asked about exchanging some of theirs for some of ours. Sure enough the lady agreed very rapidly. Riley and I came home and selected 9 movies we no longer wanted before heading back to the office for our exchange. We ended up with 6 movies and 2 books but we were more than happy with the exchange. With the wind picking up we decided to skip the stroll. The fine dust here isn’t pleasant to eat. 
 
Numerous other types of cacti in the park.
 
We grabbed the Big Dog, and the drinking water jugs heading into Huachuca City, only 3 miles away, to top off our drinking water and the Big Dog’s drinking bowl.  We filled our water jugs for $1.25 for 5 gallons, or 30 cents for 1 gallon. The Dogsled was a bit more expensive at $2.99 per gallon. I chatted with a fellow traveller driving a big diesel pusher which takes 90 gallons to fill, I mentioned to him this was about the cheapest spot I’d seen for fuel and mentioned the Chevron at the end of the street near the park had diesel at $3.57 per gallon. He told me they had just left the very same park we are currently sitting in and had also stopped at that exact Chevron station. He asked why the price was so high and according to the person inside manning the registers it’s because they have to buy their fuel from certain distributors and so their prices are higher due to the higher price the station has to pay. I still think diesel is outrageously over priced everywhere but it is what it is. 
 
This were at the Cheveron station with the expensive diesel. I guess we're paying for the art work.
 
Back home we sorted laundry and I stashed it in the truck for later. We enjoyed our lunch, a movie and a bit of down time. Couldn’t find any place in the sun out of the wind so sitting outside wasn’t really an option. Oh well, we have all winter. 
 
Sights around the park.
 
Around 8 pm I jumped in the Dogsled heading to the laundry room. No one was there and loaded all 4 machines. I can tell you folks it’s very cheap to do laundry here. Half of what we normally pay, which is $20 or more. Here I didn’t even break open the second roll of quarters and we had less than a dollar in the laundry purse to start. Both washers and dryers are $1.25 per load. The dryers run for 50 minutes. A nice lady named Deb and her brother Steve came in just as I was about finished with the washers. She bought a house here in the area somewhere in the past few days and brother Steve lives in Phoenix, a few hours away. She explained the card machine in very easy to understand directions. Next time I’ll know how to do that.
 
Some ornaments around the park. Frogs, snowmen, and flamigo's. One never knows what one might see.
 
Back home at 10:30 PM, I carried the laundry inside while Riley met me at the door to make it easier. Everything put away and off to bed. I wasn’t smart enough to take my laptop to do this post last night. Hmmm…..guess I’m out of the blogging mode but I’ll get back into it soon I’m certain. 
 
A sight on our short stroll to the back clubhouse.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

 
Sure is pretty!!!!
 
Until next time…. take care, be safe,

Deb


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day, we used the card machine there and love it saves our quarters. Glad that we use, gas much cheaper we have been paying $2;20 a gallon sometimes even less, Coach only holds 75 gallons though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd use the machine next time now that I understand how to use it. I never look at gas prices, only diesel. Glad you're having such inexpensive travel while down here.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I remember the first time I went to a laundry that used cards and was confused until they explained how it worked. Not a bad system. I think it was in Apache Junction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used the same the laundromat in Apache Junction. It was different, you don't purchase a card here, you simply input the number of the machine you want to use into the machine.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. We used cards for the laundry when we lived in the apartment.
    They are trying to make all their profit off the Snowbirds that use Diesel.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gas companies are making big dollars from the truckers as well. They are the ones paying the biggest price.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete