Friday, March 15, 2019

Our last day here in Cienequita Campground....



Our Location: Las Cienegas Grasslands, Arizona


Our last day here has been coldish, with the wind picking up again throughout the day. The temperatures reached about 60 F/ 15.5 C but with the wind seemed much cooler. 
This puddle has been here since we arrived 10 days ago, it wasn't as big as this at first but the rains have increased it and the wind over the last few days has decreased it again.
We puttered around for part of the day doing the pre travel things and both took our walks this morning. I managed to put in a bit over 5 miles in 2 hours and made it home around noon. Riley put in about 3 miles in approx an hour and a half. The wind definitely made the coming home not fun, as it was cold. We both took gloves so that helped. 

I followed this road today for a little less than 2 miles before it dead ended.
A chat with my dad this afternoon to say hello and so forth. Rain up there on the Island and then it turned to snow. Hopefully it keeps melting and is gone before we get there. We shall see how things go.
 
I believe these may be Mesquite Trees, but I'm not sure. I can imagine the cows hiding in there at round up time.

 Today’s photos were taken on my walk. I enjoyed the stroll and managed to see some far off riders but didn’t chat with any of them.


They are very far away but following the same roadway I am. I turned around just about where they are now.

 Tomorrow we move on into New Mexico, and our clocks will move ONE HOUR due to a time zone change and I believe another ONE HOUR due to DST. We aren’t planning on getting in too big a hurry but we’re looking forward to having the wheels turning and the Dogsled out front of the Igloo again. 
This area is not flat either, lots of dips and valleys run through the grasslands.
Our eastward trek starts in a more earnest fashion tomorrow with us putting in a large number of miles in the next 10 days. We will of course have a couple nights in most locations until we reach our friends in Natural Falls State Park in Colcord, OK.  There we will remain for a week. We are looking forward to spending some time with these friends we haven’t seen for a couple of years. 

I bet this tree is beautiful when it's green.

 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you  had a wonderful day. 


My last stroll in the Las Cienegas Grasslands this year. It's been fun.
Until next time.. take care, be safe,

Deb






10 comments:

  1. Wishing you Safe Travels as you slowly wind your way east.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. It was a different kind of travel day for certain.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Beautiful last day photos! You've certainly created some wonderful memories this last winter, and you've got beautiful photos to look back on for sure! Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, we have indeed enjoyed our winter travels and the pictures will recall those memories in years to come.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. You will enjoy the time change I bet. Its always nice to have an extra hour of sunlight in the evenings. You are braver than I heading that far north yet. We are going to hug the coast and lap up as much warmth as we can. Maybe we can hook up another time. Safe travels to you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE will enjoy it indeed. I was wondering if our paths would cross but I guess not. Another time. Thanks.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. May the wind be at your back and the sun at your side as you drive easterly. The darker mornings disappointed me because of my 7 am walks but I sure enjoy the later sunlight! Can't have both. Safe travels and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon the mornings will be brighter too and you'll find yourself waiting for the sun once again. Thanks for the good wishes Patsy.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete