Monday, March 11, 2019

More wind today....



Our Location: Las Cienegas Grasslands, Sonoita, Arizona
 
(yesterday's post)

I seem to be falling behind in my posting at night. I'm not sure why but I'll have to stop being so lazy. It was a quiet sort of day here with the wind once again picking up bits of dust and making outside enjoyment difficult. It is impossible to get out of the wind and while the wind is warmish, chewing dust is not enjoyable. I know we all eat a peck of dirt in our life time (or so the saying goes) but I think I've had my quota for the week.
 
These stumps are huge.

A different stump but you can gauge the size with Riley as a reference.


We managed to accomplish a few little inside piddly things but spent the majority of the day reading and looking out the window. I think a couple more days here will see us deciding to move on. We have some more errands and chores to do first but with the almost constant wind we are finding ourselves house bound on many days. 

Not sure why this one was burnt and not the others.

This path is along Empire Gulch. I'd like to walk there but with the wind and the trees, I'll pass.

As promised, today's photos are more from the other day when I only posted sunset photos. I hope you enjoy them. 

I wonder Doug Laning if this is the area you park in while here?
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 


Mostly black cows, I think Black Angus, but that is a guess. A few regular looking "Ontario" like cows too though.

 Until next time.. take care, be safe, 
 
I love the iron work here!!

 
Deb




6 comments:

  1. Glad you are still enjoying it there. too bad about the wind. We have been able to move around out of the wind , not a lot of dust here so no complaints at all. Have you checked out the Empire Ranch house? amazing to see this huge place and tour through the 22 rooms there, or did I miss that posting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem here is we can't get out of the wind. The Igloo and the truck are both high and the wind whips around and under them with ease. I even tried to park the truck closer to the trailer thinking that may help but it doesn't. Maybe a tarp would help block the wind, I'll have to try that tomorrow.
      No we haven't done the Ranch House tour yet. We're going to do that either tomorrow or Wednesday. We are looking forward to doing it.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. It is hard to do things when you feel chilled by the wind. Hopefully the winds will be at your back to improve your Fuel Mileage on the way home but die down when you are sitting still.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winds are a fact of life out here I suppose. I just didn't realize they would be this constant but we will adapt and make do. A nice tail wind would be nice on the way home, since we bucked a head wind coming out. That should even out the fuel usage. Haha

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I park at the top of the hill on Oak Tree Canyon Road just west of the group camp. The camp is where the horses and riders will camp.

    Several years ago those huge old Cottonwood trees were still standing but the next year they had been cut down. See my 3-17-2017 blog. The walk along the creek behind the ranch is pretty but probably a little dangerous with winds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look that up on the map they gave me. It's an interesting spot over there, a big field like area.
      The notice board at the beginning of the trail indicates that trees could be falling, so I think we'll by pass that trail this year and maybe see about it another time.
      More Pronghorns in my posting tonight. They are very majestic!

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete