Thursday, December 21, 2023

Some left over pictures…..

 

Our Location:

Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


It has been a quiet couple of days, most of us are in various stages of dripping noses and coughing, so we aren’t doing much. Riley and I have been doing/ will do a few errands. Dumping tanks, laundry a few last minute grocery items before Christmas. 


A Teddy Bear Cholla, also known as the Jumping Cactus.


Moisture seeping from the wound on a Saguaro.

Muddish like substance covering the out side of the same Saguaro.

Today’s photos were left overs from our time at Road Runner BLM near Quartzsite. I forgot I had a them until I was deleting already used photos and thought I would share them.







I have chatted off and on with various folks back home over the past few days. Things are quiet on the Little Rock in Lake Huron, and I do believe they might have mentioned some snow.







Looking at the long range forecast we have rain in the offing tonight and tomorrow, and a significant drop in temperatures for a couple of weeks. It looks our temps will drop about 10 degrees day and night. Time to break out the long pants and sweaters tomorrow.


Until next time….


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



12 comments:

  1. Long pants, the pain, and injustice of it all. Those folks back home will never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr. You poor thing, does that mean it might get into the 60's?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the LOW 60’s. Don’t be fresh Jim, it’s unbecoming. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  3. The coughing and runny noses sound like my life year round here in the desert! Horrible allergies this year! Great pictures as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for ya! I’ve had enough already. I’m ready to be over it. Mine isn’t bad, just coughing drives me crazy.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Yes to Jim. Low 60's for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My long term said 2 weeks. Brrrrrrr…. I need to find my gloves and hat for Gerry!

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Oh I'm glad you said where those saguaro pictures were from, I was wondering how you saw saguaro's around Yuma since I have never seen any in the area :-) Hopefully the cooler weather doesn't last too long, but those are the temps we are having at home and it's not to bad ... especially for Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some times I forget I have some unused pics, it’s always good to use them up. I’m sure the weather will be delightful! Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Long pants ..... NOOOOOOOOO!!! It's supposed to be WARM in the desert!

    ReplyDelete