Monday, December 11, 2023

A walk to the Cargos….

 

Our Location:


Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


Not the best nights sleep but I was still out the door by 7:15 am and my feet carried me across the desert floor to the copper mine I found last year. I once again found my way easily and managed to make it there and back in about 2 hours, over 12,000 steps. I was happy to be home. 


The greenish colour is oxidization. Very colourful, don’t you think?

The walk is long but it was interesting.


A coffee while resting in the sun and then we headed off to town for a few errands. A stop at Fry’s grocery store, some diesel and we were back home in time for happy hour. 



Sunrise.

Some of the views on my stroll.


We parted ways again just as the sun dropped below the horizon and all headed inside to do our own stuff. Plans are afoot for tomorrow though.

The Imperial Sand Dunes in the morning sun.

Looking back toward home from the path to the mine.



We are parked out there.


I took this on my homeward bound trek, but that is where I walked to the mine.




Today’s pics were all taken this morning before 9:30 am. I hope you enjoy the stroll.


Until next time……


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



18 comments:

  1. That was quite the walk you took. The pictures you took along the way and back were all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was enjoyable and even though I didn’t seem to hurry, it felt quick.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks but I don’t recall you offering to carry any of the pieces home. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Beautiful area. Enjoyed the pictures. That was a hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I found the way across the wash where we had to leave the jeep when you and I went back there.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. I love all the colors of the rocks. That area is so picturesque. Much prettier than here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very pretty colour and I love seeing it in the washes.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. so far today i have 547 steps lol. i got a ways to go to catch you. thanks for bringing us with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. im anonymous today i guess. Lorne

    ReplyDelete
  7. 12,000 steps before breakfast? Are you trying to make us all look bad? If you are, you can stop at like 5,000 steps and call it good, you'll have me beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. No, I wanted to get to the copper mine and that was of course around 6000 steps. Some days I can do it and other days I want someone to do it for me. lol. Are you volunteering?

      Deb

      Delete