Wednesday, December 27, 2023

A quick walk……

 


Our Location:

Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


I trust everyone had a good day yesterday and survived Christmas! We had a good day here on home dirt. We all met at some point, except Keith, who was off doing something on his own, to enjoy Mimosas. It was relaxing, as well as entertaining. At some point John dropped by for a bit. 


Christmas Eve happy hour.


Christmas Dinner.


Back inside I completed most of my calls, I chatted with daughters Bradey and Courtney, Dad, sister Jan, SIL Janet, and I left a message on brother Rick’s machine.


Water and wind has caused some cracks in the sand.

The sand is hard, like cement.

The sand in driven by water and wind until it is jammed tight.

Layer upon layer upon layer, so thin.

The outside layer is a different colour than that below.



Somewhere between 2 - 3 pm we all gathered for our Christmas dinner. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, 2 kinds of stuffing, turnip/rutabaga, gravy, turkey and 2 kinds of apple pie. I think we all left feeling full. Thanks to Deb and Tom, and Ken and Kim for all the hard work and Keith for joining us and adding to the entertainment.







Calls this morning to brother Rick’s place had me chatting with his lovely wife Barb, and later a chat with my friend Linda as well rounded out my calling list.



Yes, that is the Imperial Dunes over there.




Riley and I took a little ride on our own today ending up at Tumco. A short walk and a couple of dozen pics before we headed back to the Igloo.






Until next time……


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



18 comments:

  1. It amazing how water and wind carves out the desert and turns sand into something like rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day with friends. Aren't you just in awe looking at those washes and the power of water? Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day with friends and we are fortunate! The power of Mother Nature is very humbling and we need to remember her wrath and keep out of harms way.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Wow. Amazing topography. And the food looked amazing too. I'm glad you are all done with illness. Have a wonderful day 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking around up there. It is always interesting! The food was wonderful but the company better!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Looks like some amazing food out there! You know i'll never pass up a mimosa or two LOL. What a wonderful time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was great, the company spectacular! I see no issue with enjoying an adult beverage when one is offered, and we all know the perils of drinking alone. Lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. A nice Christmas Feast with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely a Wonderful way to spend Christmas!!!
    Those are some really great pictures of the power of water as it runs through the washes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great way to enjoy any day and this one just happened to be Christmas! Riley and I feel very fortunate to have you and Tom to call friends.
      Mother Nature is a wicked woman and can whip up water, wind and heat like no one else, she deserves our respect and awe. She has me paying attention! lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. I'm sure everyone was pleased for the lovely day and an outdoor meal. 😀
    I love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were all happy to share and I do think a good time was had by all.
      Thanks. It was a short walk but an interesting one.

      Deb

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to believe you didn’t have something to say. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sandstone pictures, Deb. Glad everyone had a great Christmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you Doug. I was thinking of you while at Tumco, you, Yuma and I had a few nice pictures from there before. A long walk but some interesting sights.
      The company is always more important than the food, but both were excellent!

      Deb

      Delete