Monday, March 27, 2023

Views of the Cargo Muchacho Mountains.....

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

A long walk and some wonderful views of the Cargos. Enjoy. 

 

For anyone that has spent much time at the American Girl Mine Road area these photos will be familiar.

I climbed a little hill and looked around.

A beautiful camping spot down there.

The open pit mine is back that way where the whiteish area is.

 
Someone is camped backed here. Can yous see the blue van?

You can see some of the mining equipment over there, trucks still haul from there on occasion.

The power lines in the near distance and the dunes way off in the distance.

Pretty empty down there, usually there are many, many rigs down there.


The old caged mine entrance over there, can you see it?

Not extremely high but the view is pretty good.

The Cargo Muchacho's are a fair distance away, even though they don't appear to be.

I didn't climb to the white flat spot but just to the top of the road. The other spot was too difficult to reach.



I hope you enjoyed the views.

 

Until next time..

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 

13 comments:

  1. Why does a place as dusty and desolate and downright rugged appeal to a person so much. We have often read of people STRANDED in the desert! The place actually tugs at your very soul for some reason and we, like you are drawn back time after time to be stranded!! The solitude seems to be mesmerizing. Enjoy every minute of your stay there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the desert. The peace and quiet is soothing to the soul and restful even in times of stress. Of course we aren't here in the dead heat of summer and that may make a difference. However the views are haunting, even the starkest, bleakest places call to me, if only to have me trek at their feet and wonder in awe of the history they have witnessed, the changes, life and death struggles, triumph and failures and all the while they wait patiently for what they know will eventually become theirs once again. It is a beautiful place and it's voice echos in my mind when I'm not here, calling ever back to this place.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Great photos and I recognized things in most of them. Like you and Lorne, Ivan and Doug, I too am drawn to the deserts of the southwest. Sitting here 2300 miles away looking at your pics, the deserts and mountains are like giant magnates always tugging at me to return. I can't think of any other place in the U.S. I'd rather be than in the southwest among the Saguaros and Mesquite, dusty Jeep roads, rocks, clear and starry night skies, winding rocky trails, cactus, and views that go on forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I find the dust, the fauna, the views all to be part of what calls me back. There is no place like it and it's almost impossible to describe the lure that has such a strong hold on us. Speechless at times because of the beauty before me, humbled and insignificant by the masses towering over me, it is a land unlike any that I have ever known before but it is a place I always wish to return.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. That was one long walk you took. The pictures are beautiful! They truly tell the story of the vastness of that place. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long walk but it was a beautiful one, filled with so many things to see. A lifetime isn't long enough and I don't think I can walk enough steps to see even a tiny portion!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Those mines are always interesting. I always wonder what they are mining when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dark holes don't hold any fascination for me, but the climb to the holes does! I would guess whatever they were mining is now gone or they would still be there but it is an interesting thought as to what treasure they pulled out.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Beautiful area as always. Glad you and Riley are having a guiet time to yourselves. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you Doug. We always found some interesting places to see!!

      Deb

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete