Friday, February 10, 2017

New Dogsled comes home today....


Our Location: Bluegrass Rv Park, Foley, Alabama

A warmish overnight but still not able to leave the window open, that would have left me shivering in my jammies and I don't like to do that. ~laugh~ Morning dawned with bright skies and the air heated up quickly today, we reached just about 70F/21C. So there were no complaints in that department. 

New Dogsled parked with the Igloo here at Foley.

It feels heavier than the old one...

We had an appointment at 9 am this morning at Southern Chevrolet here in Foley to pick our new to us Dogsled. It's been in the works for a while now but today was the day. It's a 2014 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab. It's white in colour, with a standard box and has no bells and whistles which is what I wanted. It has 60,000 miles/96,500 km which is fantastic for me. I'll have this one a long time. The dealership changed my hitch over and even added in new rails and plates where it connects to the frame, the old ones were rusty. In fact the hitch guys even wired me an in the box plug for my Igloo. How sweet is that? 


I like the grill on this one but I miss the grill cover of the old one....

Things didn't go exactly as planned and due to insurance reasons I had to license and tag the truck here in Foley, which I did today after I picked it up. After getting the tags Riley and I came home to put our 'truck' stuff into the Dogsled and to have some lunch, but that's when I had a call from the dealership regarding payment. So leaving Riley at home I went back and got the payment issue settled. To make a long story short, payment options were limited and Kim (the dealership money lady) and I spent about an hour on the phone with my bank folks getting the payment to go thru. So I spent almost 2 hours at the dealership this afternoon, after spending 2 and 1/2 hrs there this morning. However it is all settled and everything is fantastic. We're quite happy with it.

It has an integrated trailer brake in the dash....

I got home around 2:45 pm, had a really quick snack then Riley and I headed out to walk around the park a few times as our exercise today. We managed to get 5 rounds in before getting too bored to continue. Riley came home and I strolled down to talk to a couple of neighbours, Bob, Larry and Roy. Upon arriving home Ed & Sue came out to look at my Dogsled, and about this time Roy came back to tell me that we had traded trucks, I just didn't know it yet. ~laugh~ 

Her Royal Highness now has two full doors for herself....

Headed into the Igloo to just sit down and settle down a bit after such a hectic day. Read my book and enjoyed just not thinking too hard.  It hurts when I do that, don't ya know!! ~laugh~  Around 5:15 pm I prepped dinner and read for another hour. About 6:30 pm I started to BBQ dinner. Tonight's menu was Dill Potatoes with onions, Italian Veggies, and Mild Italian Sausages. Mmm.....good stuff. I even had two sausages tonight. ~laugh~ 

My new tag......

After that a quick clean up inside and out, walk to the dumpster, and then a game of Yahtzee, which we both rolled but Riley cheated in order to win the game. ~laugh~ 

Good stuff.....

From there it was off in our own directions to do our own things. That brings me here to the close of the day and writing a blog. We had a great day, hope you did as well. Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment. Until next time...be safe, take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment