Monday, February 27, 2017

A busy Monday....


Our Location: Magic River Rv Resort, Long Beach, Mississippi

(more pics of the parade at Pass Christian yesterday)

The overnight temps remained warm, leave the windows and vents open kind of warm but the day wasn't quite as warm as we'd like. Not complaining but well...a bit warmer would be nice. ~laugh~ Tonight's temps are about 67F/19.4C at 9 pm. The rain they forecast for today didn't arrive but it certainly clouded over a few times to make us believe it might start dripping. 


Interesting Police Vehicle, don't ya think?

Morning fire with the regular folks, Ron, Ken, Mac, Buzz and myself soon followed by a few other folks, even Riley came along for a while. 

Not the friendliest fellow I seen on the floats yesterday.....

Home to shower, clean the Igloo and have breakfast which we managed to do all before 10 a.m., fast aren't we? From cleaning we hopped in the Dogsled, headed out to the office to pay for another week. Butch (park owner) happened by as we were paying, we chit chatted for a bit, and we walked off with a Yeti mug cutesy of Butch for being a 'long' time regular here at Magic. 
 
He was a friendly fella though....
 
Back at the Igloo we read for a bit before climbing back into the Dogsled once again, this time bringing with us  our friends Ron & Sharon, we headed off to the Rusty Pelican for the Monday special of Red Beans and Rice, or whatever tickled your fancy. We managed to rearrange the restaurant as we had a large number from the campground all there for lunch. Chuck & Jeannie, Mac, Billy & Charlene, Ken & Faye, Buzz (Paul) & Lisa, Ron & Sharon, Riley & I. So that was 13, I don't think I forgot anyone but it's possible. Oh yes, I forgot Flat Stanley, Lisa & Buzz's school project for a granddaughter. Of course we all know Flat Stanley is a project given at school in which a flat, paper person cutout is sent to a relative, this relative is charged with taking pictures of Stanley visiting, doing, seeing, enjoying his surroundings all while it is being documented. At the end of Stanley's visit, he is returned to his home STUDENT and presented to the class. It makes for an interesting, educational lesson for both the sender and the receiver. 
 
All decked out in his finery.....
 
After the Rusty Pelican we came back to the park, dropped Sharon and Riley off at home, after which Ron and I headed out to one of my favourite stores, Harbor Freight. Ron bought a number of things while I managed to only buy 3 strings of solar powered rope lights. I'm still thinking about an Inverter, and what size I want or perhaps need would be a better way to look at it. 

Flying beads and nice hair....

Back home I dropped Ron at home, thanked Miss Sharon for letting Ron come out to play and then headed home myself. Riley was outside at the picnic table cracking some pecans that we've brought from Georgia and so I mostly picked some nut pieces out of the 'discard' bag and enjoyed a bit of a chat with her. After that it was inside to read and instead of my book I decided I should read some of the literature about the Solar set up. The book is small and the print is tiny, can't read much at a time, gives me a headache. 

Concentration.....

Before I knew it the afternoon was over and we hadn't gone for our walk today. Lazy aren't we? ~laugh~ Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Read for a bit, a book called The First Horsemen, not at all what I expected but an okay read so far. 

Cool hat....

Around 5:45 p.m. I prepped some veggies and by shortly after 6 p.m. I was BBQing dinner. Tonight we had Garden Herb Rice, Italian Veggies and JD BBQ chicken breasts. It was good stuff, even had me licking my fingers. 

The Super Hero Crowd......

After dinner a quick clean up inside and out, walk to the dumpster and a stop at the fire. Riley stayed home tonight. A big crowd around the fire included Ken & Faye, Charles & Roberta, Jeannie and eventually Chuck, Ron & Sharon, Charlene & Billy, eventually Lisa and then eventually Buzz, some new guy as well, plus myself. Oh and Pete was there as well. So a good crowd, lots of laughs, some very witty people in the crowd. 

Look at all the beads waiting to be tossed....

Home shortly before 9 p.m., Riley was already off doing her thing and I cleaned myself up a bit as I smelled like Smokey the Bear, then settled down to write my blog.

Not an exciting but I truly enjoyed my day. I look forward to more like it! Thanks for stopping by, I hope your day has been as good as mine. Until next time..be safe, take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment