Saturday, February 25, 2017

Blue skies, cool wind, and lazy day....


Our Location: Magic River Rv Resort, Long Beach, Mississippi

(all pics taken with my phone)

A warm night followed by a dampish morning, with a cool that kind of crept thru me and left me feeling a bit chilled most of the day. The cool breeze must have been from the north as I'm certain my fellow Canadians are tired of reading about warm temps and great days. That's my theory at least. 

Our home location in the park..

The morning started late for me, I didn't make it to the fire until about 7 a.m. I slept in for some reason but I think waking up in the middle night and not sleeping for a couple of hours may have had a bit to do with that. Seems to be the new trend in my sleep pattern. Even without an afternoon nap I'm often up for hours in the wee darkness of the night for some reason. Oh well....the way it is.

Standing in front of the Igloo taking this pic

The fire chat was interesting once again, I always enjoy listening to the voices around me, the knowledgeable folks always willing to share with each other, the sound of the accents always delightful to hear, and the warm friendly atmosphere are always refreshing to me. Ron, Buzz, Ken, Paige, and Linda were all present around the early warmth this morning, Mac under the weather wasn't seen until much later in the morning. Many others joined the group as time went on.


Some of the wildlife here in the park.....

Ron offered me the Harbor Freight sales flyer and so off we went to get it from his Motorhome. Fantastic beast they've got there, call it  NewMar!!!Lots of storage, and an airy, expansive feel to the space inside. Truly a very nice home on wheels. We chatted for a bit, discussed the monitoring panels for his solar panels, and spent an enjoyable while just visiting. Riley ended up dropping in as well for a bit, and we chatted some more. I think at some point this coming week Ron and I will head to Harbor Freight to have a look at a few things that caught our eye in the flyer. 

Some fellow Canadians....

Riley and I headed home discussing our plans for the day of which there were very few. A walk, a quick stop at Wally's and that was it for the list. We managed to complete those things and be home at noon. Amazing how we manage to always seem to be getting home around that time, no matter how many errands we run. ~laugh~ 

East fish pond....

Lunch and some time spent down by the pond sitting in the sun pretty much took up the afternoon. Some warm rays from the big ball in the sky but the wind kept the heat at bay for the most part. Still not too terribly bad sitting out in the sunshine. 

West Pond.....

Prepped dinner around 5:30 pm, and managed to start BBQ'ing by 6:15 pm. We had Garlic Potatoes and Onions, Orange zest veggies (asparagus, green beans, mushrooms and peppers), Roger's BBQ  Chicken Breasts. Hm.....good stuff. We topped that off with some ice cream. Not a bad dinner at all. 

Yummy dinner....

Quick clean up inside and out, walk to the dumpster but back to the Igloo as I had a bit of a chill from being outside cooking, plus I'm tired, I think I'll be calling it a night early this evening. 

So that's it, nothing heart pounding but a great day, a great visit with some wonderful folks, and nothing to shovel, or at least nothing white to shovel. ~laugh~ Hope you enjoyed your visit. Until next time...be safe, take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment