Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A new walking path, a community fire kind of day....


Our Location: Magic River Rv Resort, Long Beach, Mississippi

(all photo's taken with my phone)

A warm night followed by a warm day with lots of sunshine, a few fluffy clouds with a light breeze. Did I mention the sunshine? Lots of blue skies today. A truly excellent day, with great weather. It's one of the reasons we love this area, lots of great weather. 

The Sports Complex on Doughtery Road, see the Dogsled?

By 6:45 a.m. I was dressed and up at the fire chatting with Ron, and Mac, then Ken strolled up to join the conversation, the line continued over the next hour with more and more folks showing up, eventually even Riley showed up. It is truly a community here with very inclusive people. Always one of my favourite places to visit. Swilly arrived around 8 am, taking a chance I called my dad and handed Swilly the phone so they could catch up a bit. Eventually Paige showed up as well and we discussed the walking path she had mentioned before when I was here a few years ago. She couldn't give directions so we just climbed into the Dogsled and headed out to find it. It was a mere 5 minutes away. 

The first curve on the path....

Back at the fire after our brief little outing (Riley stayed behind at the fire) I gathered up Riley, headed home for breakfast and deciding what to do with our day. I can tell you we didn't do a whole lot. ~laugh~ We did however go to the walking park and put in our hour. Riley made two rounds and I made three rounds before calling it a day. The track is 1 mile long and winds among some trees, a base ball field, goes beside a rather deep ditch with some fast moving water in it. The path is hard top and has two lanes, one for walkers, one for cyclists. A well used path with lots of parking. We wouldn't want to walk there everyday but for a change of scenery it's excellent. 

Looking toward the inner circle of the path....

From there we headed out to find a Welcome Center, but never did actually find it. ~laugh~ We did take a bit of a drive thru Long Beach and into Pass Christian with a quick stop at the local College campus for a drive by peek at the Friendship Tree which we'll return to with the camera and take some pictures. Some up close and personal experience for Riley at the tree but on another day. By the time we returned home it was almost noon. The morning was just gone!!! 

Ball field in the middle of the path...

I made myself a big garden salad for lunch, then I sat down by the pond with my book to read for a bit. The warmth of the sun made me sleepy and I headed home to have a half hour nap. Just needed a quick battery charge I guess. ~laugh~ From my nap I once again spent some time reading and enjoying the peace. Headed up to the fire pit around 3:30 for a bit, chatting with some folks before they headed out for Taco Wednesday at 4 pm. A bit too early for us but maybe we'll go once or twice just to enjoy the folks. Home again to read and putter before noticing Miss Paige back at the fire so we headed back up to chat with her. The others returned from their dinner to join us at the fire pit. 

Looking toward the inner part of the path...

We left the community fire around 6:20 pm, home to BBQ dinner. Tonight was Dill Garlic Potatoes and Onions, Orange Zest Italian Veggies, and Jack Daniels Chicken Breast. I can tell you right now, they were all a big hit with us. We'll be having them again at some time.

The last long straight away in the path...

Clean up inside and out, trash to the dumpster and I ventured on to the clubhouse to see what was going on there. A few of the regulars were playing cards. A game I've never heard of before but it wasn't too difficult to figure out, I watched for a bit, then played Ron's hand for one round as he was on the phone. After that it was back out to the fire for about an hour where it was Ron, Sharon, Wayne, Tim and myself, soon Miss Sharon left but before long Lisa stopped by for a minute. She left and I followed close behind. Time to call it a day. 

Can you tell I'm not a huge fan? ~laugh~

So that was our day, nothing exciting but it was entertaining for us. Hope you enjoyed your visit, until next time..be safe, take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment