Monday, November 6, 2023

We are still at Mrs. G’s…..

 

Our Location:

Mrs. G’s, Loraine, Texas


Thanks to Lorne Greene  (A place called away…. ) and Bill Richards ( On our way….) for their help. We tried all of the pointers you mentioned and we eventually figured it out.

I spent a couple of hours this morning trying to find primary residence insurance, which I have not found yet. People are suggesting secondary insurers but can’t give me any names. A typical response is,”No, we don’t offer that kind of insurance.” Today I had an interesting response,” No we don’t offer that kind of insurance but contact a broker they might help.” Considering I was speaking to Aviva at the time….it sounded strange to me since they are a major insurer. 

We did stop at an RV Repair shop to ask a few questions and they confirmed our findings.  We made a few discoveries that had us scrambling a bit. We have made tentative arrangements to have these discoveries taken care of when we reach Q.

We visited Walmart while in Sweetwater to pick up a couple of items that we needed for both inside and outside. Upon arrival back home we managed to do another few chores here in preparation for pulling out tomorrow. 

Chatted with dad, terrible weather there today. Rain, wind, more of the same all day. Sister Jan and partner Rick made it home safely from Ottawa today.


No pictures today, sorry. Thanks for stopping by.


Until next time…..


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



16 comments:

  1. I think it was actually Bill that had the solution. I will take no credit. Hey if you got issues that Bill or I can help you with give us a shot before you spend a bunch of money at an RV Shop. Sue and I will be in Q for at least a couple of weeks so should get to hook up with you guys. Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both comments made my brain start to work. You are right about Bill knowing the dials though. Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it very much. We look forward to meeting you, Sue and Archie.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. It always takes time to figure out a new rig. It doesn't help that they make it so complicated!! I'm hoping those other problems are an easy fix too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True it does always take time, but pretty much everything else is common sense or we know from our previous rigs.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Like Lorne said, would be happy to have a look and see if we can solve any problems before you have to spend dollars at a dealer. Looking forward to seeing you both, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. Both issues are leaks one inside the bay is an easy fix I’m sure, but the outside one is more complicated and one the dealership was supposed to fix. We are looking forward to catching up with you folks as well.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Aren't RV'ers awesome people! No matter where you are someone is there to help. Have a safe trip to AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that Billy fellow is one sharp cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try finding a broker that has Guardian Insurance or contact Guardian Insurance and ask if they can recommend a broker. We full time permanent residence with our class an and have been with them for years. Melissa (friends of Tom and Deb)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I have not called them but will. I appreciate it very much.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. That is really strange what Aviva told you. We go through a local broker to purchase full time RV insurance through Aviva ... very strange. I sure hope you are able to find something soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My current policy is covered by AVIVA but upon renewal/change of vehicle I was informed they no longer cover mobile primary residence ( full timers) and the call directly to Aviva confirmed it is Aviva not the broker.

      Deb

      Delete