Saturday, February 15, 2020

Able to post today...




Our Location: Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, AZ

Belated Happy Valentines Day to all.  

I accidentally pulled my charge cord out of the wall while turning in my chair and now it only works when it feels like working and I've been playing around with it to get it to work today but it not may work often so I'll take advantage of it while I can.  I have a couple on order from Amazon but will be playing with this one until they arrive, which should be Thursday or Friday (if all goes well). So my postings may be sporadic. 


 I posted a photo of this one last year as well. The word,' Lean on me, when your not strong' come to  mind.



I went for a walk the other day. 



 I didn't climb up there this year but I liked the appearance.



   Wind hollowed recesses in the rocks. 

I went for a bit of a walk the other day and took a number of photos. The mountains behind us are so very green, greener than I've ever seen them. Lots of growth, the growth is so thick that it obscures the ground in many places and one must be very watchful of ones steps while climbing.







  My favourite mountain view in this area. 

Doug and Yuma left yesterday around lunch time. We will of course miss them but it's a wonderful thing for them to be off on their own now. The White Lion looked happy to be off with the little silver jeep in tow. A few honks of the horn and we waved as we watched them motor off along Courthouse heading west. I'm sure they will both be very happy with their new home and I'm sure once they get used to it, they will enjoy the ride, the views and the space. Doug was feeling much better yesterday and I do believe he will back to his old self in the next day or two. He experienced a 'man cold' the past 8 or 9 days.  Before he left Doug showed up with a handful of 'everlasting' flowers and more words of thanks for our help. We were happy to do so, it's what friends do. 


 Doug, Yuma and Riley.

 Everlasting flowers.

Doug, Yuma, the White Lion and the jeep heading out yesterday. 

I've pretty much recovered from my cough, Riley is a day or two away from being over hers as well. We have a few things we'd like to accomplish in this area during the beginning of the week and once we pick up my Amazon package we will be heading out in a bit of a south easterly direction. 

I used my zoom lens (forgot to put on the other one before I left, so no panoramic shots). From the top left side and working to the lower right side of the photo there is the White Lion and silver Jeep, next is a fella named Vaughn and his nice black pick up in the middle, last is the Dogsled and the Igloo. 


  I love this mountain. It is always an eye catcher.


I don't recall which day I walked up behind us into the very edge of the Saddle Mountains, and I do mean the very edge. Return trip was less than 3 miles but I enjoyed the fresh air, and the views.  I'll share a few more photos next time. 


I didn't even try to climb up there this year. That green is over knee high and includes various types of growth, grass included. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have been having a great few days. 

Until next time.... take care, be safe, 

Deb

  

18 comments:

  1. Now I will be humming that song all day!!! Lol. I love the green in the desert. Its something I have not seen either. Keep on keeping on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....it's a nice song, and so humming it all day isn't a bad thing.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I like how the desert has turned so green. Probably a lot more rain this winter. Moving southeasterly eh. I'm guessing you will head east to Buckeye then south down to Gila Bend. From there....who knows:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, we will be heading down that direction but we aren't truly settled on where we will end up yet.
      I do think there has been more rain this year, we had a about 12 to 15 hours of rain since we arrived here in Saddle Mountain. That's a long time in the desert I think.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. The desert is greening up for sure. Still no ocotillo green here, but I'm sure it's coming. Glad you are both getting over that cold stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been hiking much, so I can't really say about what is green and what isn't but I'm hoping to get some hiking in this week.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. We may actually need a lawnmower to cut our grass under the Suite. Can't believe how green and long it is. Sure is weird but pretty for a desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....well you could always rent a goat.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. It's so beautiful out there and your posts just make it better :) I love the everlasting flowers..how sweet! Great pic of Doug, Riley and Yuma! I'm sure Yuma will miss all the attention from Miss Riley. Hoping your charge cord holds out until you pick up the new ones :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful here and we are enjoying it. It was very sweet of Doug. My computer is aging and so I can't just pick one up, it has to be ordered and the difference between Walmart ordering me one and getting one from Amazon was about $50 so I opted for Amazon. Best Buy wouldn't even think about getting me one. However the computer works excellent and I'll just keep working on the cord issue.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I am usually a lot more active in this area but this year just doesn't seem to be working out that way.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Very nice of you to help Doug with the "White Lion".
    The pictures and the view are wonderful.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy the trip.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends do what friends can to help others but thank you for the kind words.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. So glad you've got your hiking strength back. I know how you enjoy it. Too bad I wasn't well enough to go hiking with you. Hopefully, next time we meet. Love the flowers. Got them at the best close shop in Wintersburg. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the flowers Doug. Very sweet. I'm pretty much over my ills and Riley is much better too. I'm hoping to get out more this week and have a few nice walks. Maybe some better photos.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  9. The mountains are so beautiful and the greenery is so nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maebeme. The area is certainly very green and I'm hoping to get out and have many more photos in the next week.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete