Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sunsets....




Our Location: Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, AZ
 
 
I didn't hike yesterday, instead I worked on a few little things that needed my attention. Home repair never ends. I spent the morning fixing  two drawers in our kitchen. One I replaced the slide rails, and the other I fixed the bottom where it's pulled apart a bit. Blue air abounded for a short time when I just could not get the darn drawer to close all the way. However, the air cleared, the drawer closed and all is well in our little Igloo. 
 
 


 It started out a wee bit slow,

 but soon the colour was starting to show.

 Off to the northwest there was a lot of colour..

to the west, only a hint.
 
 And just like snapping your fingers the colour arrived. 


 





All of the above photos were taken on Thursday, Feb 20. The sunset was spectacular out the window.  The photos that follow this paragraph were taken on Friday, Feb 21. Once again a sneaker of a sunset but once it was underway, amazing to see. 


 At first, only the barest hint....

 snap, and there it was covering the sky.









 A phone call to my dad last night had me catching up with the winter news. Lots of snow and some ice as well. Warmer temps in the upcoming so hopefully some of that cold white stuff melts soon.




 The rain comes and goes, 

 hard at times but almost stopped at others....

the fog rolls in and out too.


It started to rain shortly after 3 AM and is still doing so as I write this post shortly 9 AM. Forecast calls for rain to end sometime after the noon hour. 

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment if the desire hits. If not, it was still nice to have you stop for a while. 

Until next time.... take care, be saf, 

Deb

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunsets Deb. Now that I'm out near the sand dunes, I may catch a pretty sunset. We had a few drops of rain here in the night but all gone now. Glad you got some repairs done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I love the dunes, they are so amazing with the colours. Enjoy your time there.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. You just never know what kind of sunset you are going to get. That one was amazing!! Cool you fixed the drawers. I have one in the rig that flies open when I take off. Just another thing to keep us busy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, one never knows what the sunsets will be like and I've been lucky a number of times to see them.
      There is a drawer rail you can buy that will hold that drawer in better. It's a self closing type. Ask your local handyman about it and I'll bet he could install it for you as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I sure do miss those beautiful southwest sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do we. Hopefully next year you and Kelly will be back out here in the warmth, watching them too.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. One thing Arizona does not lack is beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arizona is the cat's meow when it comes to photographing the sunrises and sets for sure.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Great sunset pictures. It never fails for repairs. First 3 screws go easy, last one always the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. The sunsets are often times amazing. Repairs, repairs, repairs. What can we say, they need to be done and they are a pain in the butt to do. I always want it the bad screw to be the first one but it never seems to be. Haha.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete