Monday, November 12, 2018

Delayed by a couple of days....



Our Location: Big Buck Resort 
 
(205 Sparks Road, Hornsby, TN)
 
I woke this morning to rain and warmer than expected temperatures. Riley and I had debated about the drive in the rain but decided we'd head out anyway. We hooked up and began checking lights. Only one turn signal worked, no other rear lights at all. Needless to say we unhooked and are staying put until we get this issue fixed. 
 
I tried to call a fellow near Corinth, MS but his phone doesn't accept international calls, so I sent him a text but didn't hear anything back. I headed off into Bolivar to a local auto repair shop to ask their advice. They sent me to Selmer, TN to an RV repair guy, but he was closed. I was a few miles from Corinth and so continued my drive. Butch's RV Repair is just outside the little town of Bigger, MS. Butch himself chatted with me and has assured me he can fix the issue. He's coming to the area tomorrow and will stop in and check a few things out. If necessary we can haul the Igloo to his shop, less than an hour away where he will get us set up with hook ups as needed and do the repair if he can't fix it tomorrow. 
 
I arrived back home as the rain was ending, around noon time. Riley and I discussed that this was a better idea to stay here two more nights as Tuesday night every where I look is going to be well below freezing and that would be an issue if we were dry camping somewhere. So we're happy to stay a few extra days. 
 
The rest of the day past quietly. I called my dad around 8 pm ONT time. We chatted for a bit, had a few laughs and just kind of touched base. Always enjoy talking to Dad and I think it makes him feel better to know that we're staying put until things are all fixed. 
 
Sorry no pictures today, the rain was ugly and I only had my phone. My quick jaunt into Mississippi was fun but not a sight seeing excursion as I was on a mission. It was a solo trip as Miss Riley opted to pass on the ride. She also takes the pictures when I drive. I don't try to snap and drive, I'm not nearly that talented. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all had a wonderful day. 
 
Until next time.... take care, be safe, 
 
 Deb
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Well finger crossed this guy is able to fix the problem where you are at.
    We always like to be where there are full hookups, or at least electricity, if the temperatures are going to be below freezing.
    Stay safe and keep warm.

    Celebrating the Dance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I think that's a wise idea as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad you are getting the lights foxed on the Igloo better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree George. It's one thing to have no tail lights but I was shocked when we had virtually no lights.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I think it was a smart move to stay put and hopefully an easy (cheap) fix!! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Hopefully not too expensive but at least we're safe, sound and warm so we'll just take it from there.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Wise move not to go anywhere in bad weather.
    Need to have those lights working to be Safe.
    Lots of places closed Monday for Veterans Day.
    It's cold everywhere this winter,
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick.

      I dislike driving in the rain and I didn't want to have any issues so I think we made the right choice. It certainly does seem as if it's cold everywhere this year. Although I see a warming trend in the upcoming forecast. Hopefully we reach warmer climes soon.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete