Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A rainy night and day….

 

Our Location:

BLM Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California 


Last night’s sunset and today’s rain.

Sunset January 21, 2024




Happy Birthday Courtney, I love the hair. Her hair is usually a very pretty auburn colour but she had it bleached in preparation for some additional bright colours!




Last night it started to rain off and on and it has continued all day. These were my wet forays outside this afternoon. I hope you appreciate how wet it was out there for me take these photos for you!


The wash is dry at 1:51 pm.

Lots of water on the high


It is no longer dry at 2:51 pm.

The high ground is also starting to have little rivers.


A different view of the wash at 2:52 pm.


It is now 3:35 pm, there is a strong current present. 


From this to…

to almost nothing in just 30 minutes.

A very odd shaped cloud as the rain ended.

Clouds over the Cargo Muchacho.

The rain is over….it’s almost sunset.



It is completely dry now.



I did nothing to any of the sunset photos. No editing of any kind.












I hope you enjoyed today’s photos.


Until next time….


Take care, stay safe,


Deb






18 comments:

  1. It's amazing how fast the desert water comes and goes.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's dedication to your readers right there! Those were some awesome sunset pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, thank you for recognizing my efforts! Lol. I did get pretty wet and muddy taking the wash pics.
      I will admit the sunset pics were taken while sitting on the couch. I propped this very iPad up on the little ledge and just hit the button once in a while to take the pics. The camera picked up some amazing colours.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. According to radar, you got more rain than we did ... and here it rained steady all day long and half the night. I thank you for the sacrifice in order to see a rare sight ... flowing water in the desert!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain when it fell was very steady but it did stop at times. The water came quickly and left the same in a few short hours. I’m always amazed.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. With all the rain in your area, you might be lucky enough to see the Cactus Blooms.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the changing scenery.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were fortunate last year to see some blooms but it was much later in the season. Maybe we will see different blooms this year.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. I like the fresh smell of the desert after it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the smell. Although I’m not sure I would call it fresh.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. I am very impressed with all the pictures you got! I took a few through the window and finally went outside for one picture. Thanks for braving the wet weather to take pictures for all of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was curious about the wash, it was easy to get wet even with an umbrella. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  7. There for a while that wash looked like a good gold panning creek. We appreciate you braving the weather for another interesting blog. Vern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty certain I may witnessed a prospector and his burro washing along. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  8. You almost needed your fishing pole alongside the American Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current was too fast for fishing but I thought my Irish spring soap I’d I made another trip. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  9. Our parents would say we don't know enough to get in out of the rain! But we appreciate it. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete